What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Streamed in 24/88

Clearly left nearer the end in favor wider appeal - actually this is quite good - of instrumental and expensive to stage opera performances attracting top tier performers throughout. Solo voice with sparse accompaniment is a subtler more personal experience not everyone will sit through.

I still thank the stars naïve was folded into their distributor allowing this series to continue.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
A release came to mind I believe satisfies all the preconditions of this request for someone of your activity and interest level. Album in question exists outside the criteria of this discussion. So it will be suggested elsewhere.

Recent months have shown off the Philharmonia Orchestra conducted by Elim Chan almost breaking out in tears of joy at being on stage. Coming from Ma/Ax* this revels in escapism (while meeting every government imposed regulation on gathering to perform).

First movement of Beethoven Symphony No. 8 with doubled horns

* MaAx sounds like exactly the wild ride you were asking for. :D
Thank you very much.
I will try to find this on Qobuz

Reactions: Hifi man and rando

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Streamed in 24/96

Somehow her last album had a quiet reception at release as well. A spark escaping last century finally collected and set back among the other sources of inner warmth is what the look of reserved contentment promises.

Reactions: Hifi man

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Streamed in 24/88

Oddly enchanting opening piece given a studied performance. Rather a successful full album statement artistically, unique. I put on a few Schulhoff albums before listening through this one raptly.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing