What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Really? I could only find 3 released this year, the one I posted and these two;
From my collection, I see also this, which is subtitled, A Concert at the Ritz during the Belle Époque:
cover HMM902508 - Th otime Langlois de Swarte Tanguy de Williencourt - Proust le concert retro...jpg

rando

Sep 22, 2019

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you! I just listened to a few snips of this...and bought the double-album which was just released (Vol 1 and 2 in a single pack). This is an excellent series. They should arrive next week...look forward to listening to the whole!

Reactions: Hifi man and rando

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Someone disinterred a decade old conversation this afternoon that placed Baroque Cello music in mind for some point this evening. Not one bit surprised the quote below is still reflective of your interests. Dragging a quote from one place to another is confounding me this evening so please click on the text.

Very rarely do I make suggestions here that resulted from anything but directly playing back the disc without distinctly mentioning source of files used. Good advice was given to pursue the high resolution downloads of her albums. Which I followed and failed to mention in this case.

I have no doubts the RBCD will be spectacular on your system. The other versions are easily available should you, with my apologies, find that option salient.

Reactions: Hifi man

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
wow...you found that quote! I am glad to see I still agree with myself! ;)

Reactions: Hifi man and rando

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Well I had fun reading through everything. Few weeks back I picked up 8-9 of those Beethoven Bicentennial boxes mentioned.

Amazed at how long some of you have stuck with this place.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
;)!

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
From my collection, I see also this, which is subtitled, A Concert at the Ritz during the Belle Époque:
View attachment 84651

I looked for "Belle Epoque" in the title, that's why I didn't find this one but what a nice find, thank you for sharing!

It's a replica from a concert that took place on July 1st 1907 in the Ritz hotel Paris like you said and was organized by the well-known author Marcel Proust.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Copeland: “Billie the Kid”, Colorado Symphony, Andrew Litton

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Copeland: “Billie the Kid”, Colorado Symphony, Andrew Litton

A well played and recorded choice. What selection process lead you to explore this piece among the multitude of choices?

I know you have smaller interest in Classical. So don't worry if it was something a visitor auditioned. Whether you find music prevalent before 1900 something becomes partially enjoyable is of no consequence to how we receive new interests in here. Just glad you decided to explore where we might offer the benefit of some larger interest.

If this is not the album you listened to please correct me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing