My humble 2CH room!

A nice set of upgrades, John!

Thank you Rich!

Congrats, John. We know that you like vintage gear and that was a fine preamp in its time. Did you get the external power supply too?

Yes! It's sitting on the bottom shelf of my rack and away from the rest of the equipment. I really like the PSA unit. I have still to install my Orofon cartridge, but I want to live with the current setup for a few days and get to know the amp. I'm off the week of New Years, so only a little more than a week to go. I have a feeling I'm going to be very, very busy that week.

Oh MY! Look at this......NO SPEAKERS? Where are my Totem Sttafs? :eek:...Could it be that they have been replaced?

IMG_1454.JPG

Stay tuned!;)

Do you think these would sound good?

Genesis G7.1f
200908_genesis_g71f.jpg

I hope so, because they'll be here on Wednesday!:D

Do you think these would sound good?

Genesis G7.1f
View attachment 7397

I hope so, because they'll be here on Wednesday!:D

I think you have a winner! Our audio club uses the newest version and they sound great. The adjustable bass should make them easy to get the bass right in your room. They also respond very well to improvements in upstream equipment. Enjoy.

Sean

I think you have a winner! Our audio club uses the newest version and they sound great. The adjustable bass should make them easy to get the bass right in your room. They also respond very well to improvements in upstream equipment. Enjoy.

Sean

Thanks Sean! I'm super excited to get them and have them setup properly. I've never owned a pair of true full-range speakers before, so this should be a revelatory experience for me. It was tough for me to part with my Totem Sttafs, but it was time to up my game.

Awesome John!

Awesome John!

Thanks Mark!:D I have a feeling you may not be able to get me out of my room for a while! With the new (to me) MC122, the Ortofon 2M Black and now these I certainly finished off the year with a bang. It was a long time coming!

Great stuff John

You will love em

Thanks Steve! I think I will too! Correction, I KNOW I will! :D. My Humble system is truly starting to take some shape!

Very nice, John. Congratulations!!! Normally, I would say how long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you are on. In your case, I'm quite sure the minutes that pass by until Wednesday will be some of the longest minutes of you life. I bet you are excited as all get up! Heck, I'm excited for you.

Tom

Nice one john, emotiva next???

Bedankt HJ!.....LOL! Just got a used McIntosh MC122, so not right now. But I will say I was very tempted to get an XPA-2. ;)

Very nice, John. Congratulations!!! Normally, I would say how long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you are on. In your case, I'm quite sure the minutes that pass by until Wednesday will be some of the longest minutes of you life. I bet you are excited as all get up! Heck, I'm excited for you.

Tom

Thank you Tom! Words cannot describe how much I'm looking forward to just sitting back and listening. :D

Those are a huge step up, John!! Congratulations!

Lee

They are indeed Lee and thanks!:D I don't mind saying I had to do some digging, but sometimes when things come along you have to! Everything worked out perfectly, so from that regard I couldn't be more pleased.

Lookie what Santa brought! ;)

I guess I was a good boy last year! Thanks Myles!:D

Congrats, John! I think you'll be set for speakers for quite some time!

Thanks Rich! When you consider the snail's pace of my upgrade path it's likely safe to say that!;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing