Match low power amp with speakers

stamostamos

Jan 10, 2023
Hello everybody!
I have a Denon PMA 250se amp, gives 25WPC output. It is a low power amplifier.... Constructed at 1989 the first model of it. I bought it cause my budget is tight. I cant manage to find a speaker to match it, matter of fact, i dont even know what specs a speaker need to have on order to match this amplifier....Do anyone know a speaker to mach this amp with?
You help would be SO important to me!!!! Thanks in advance, a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, stamostamos!

Unfortunately, I am not qualified to answer the question, as I am not familiar with the amplifier, but I’m sure we have members who are.

In anticipation of some general questions to triangulate on a rational answer, could you please tell us a few more things about your system?

Please tell us about the room in which this system will be set up? What are the dimensions of the room?

Have you ever had an audio system in the past that you enjoyed? What were its components? What did you like or not like about the sound of that system?

What kind of music do you most like to listen to it?

For what reasons have you thus far been unable to find a speaker to match that amplifier? Have you tried certain speakers that you just didn’t like? If so, which speakers have you tried, and what, in each case, did you not like about the resulting sound?

Last edited:
Reactions: NickMimi

stamostamos

Jan 10, 2023
The diemensions of the room is less than 25 sq.meters (above 20), its a studio one room small apartment. My dad had a teac av... i cant recall the model with two celestion speakers i dont remenber th models too. Yes I enjoyed it, the room was bigger, so the amplifier and the speakers too. Yew I have heard a little about sound systems. I study electrical engineer and I enjoy learning these stuff. I would llike to build my own sound systen, low on budget thouth, but still all me.
I listen to hip hop, little rock, hm i would say pop but mainly hiphop. I have been unable to find the speaker because i dont know how to. My amplifier is very old, so low on wattage, 25WPC. I dont have tried any speakers with this amp. I hope i have answered all the questions ser.Thank you

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, thank you!

I think that will be enough for somebody to get started helping you!

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Budget??

benito

Jul 23, 2018
France
Reactions: stamostamos

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
For the budget audiophile, early dali 2, 3, 4 and mission 700, 707, 737 models are lively and musical and worth checking out.

Make sure the surrounds are ok.

Also worth consideration are tandberg (20, 17, 15) and b&o (5700, s45) speakers from the past — if they show up in your neighborhood.

Last edited:
Reactions: stamostamos

stamostamos

Jan 10, 2023
Many thanks for your replies of all you guys!!!! You have give me all the info I needed! You are awesome I can start my first music system. I will see each one options mentioned above and I will come to a choise one of the above speakers. Guys, thank you again! Be well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing