Help with non-responsive dealer

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hi guys - I am looking for guidance in order to pursue an order cancellation from a non-responsive Hi-End dealer from which I bought an audio equipment almost two months ago. (I will keep for me all specifics hoping I can resolve this shortly).

To make a long story short, I paid and got payment confirmation for a piece of audio gear after some mails and phone conversations with this dealer (based in the USA) - he was very persistent in his calls and mails asking me to take this opportunity where we finally reached an agreement.

Once paid, I lost all communication with him, he sent a couple of mails after - one informing that my box will be shipped "next Friday" (that was almost a month ago), and another one where he apologized saying that he had an accident moving a heavy amplifier, but that my box was ready to ship "next Friday" (that was TWO Fridays ago).

I have been insisting by mail (I have copies of all comunications and payment receipts) with no further answers, tried to call him twice but no answer as well - this dealer advertises heavily in Audiogon an other electronic media and I am sure many of you have heard of him if I decide to disclose his identity.

To those who have experienced something similar, or just an advise from others who are willing to help me with some suggestions, I remain.

Fernando

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
None of them Steve, I started conversations with him at RMAF (he was an exhibitor there) and exchanged mails since then until we closed and agreed. Payment was via a wire-transfer (Nov 15) bank to bank (I have copy of payment confirmation both from his bank and mails from this individual). :(

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
It would be appropriate to disclose what you bought and what lines he carries; that way we might get an idea of who he is and perhaps offer an opinion and/or email a person or two about him. And you could contact the manufacturer for more info, if bought new. Otherwise, if you paid by paypal there is buyer's protection, or you can talk to your credit card company.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Hi Fernando, sorry to hear of this predicament.:(

Agree with Steve's and Ack's suggestion, or PM me and I would be pleased to see if I know him
and could help you further:).

BTW, do you still want to cancel if the merchandise is shipped to you with alacrity?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
It would be appropriate to disclose what you bought and what lines he carries; that way we might get an idea of who he is and perhaps offer an opinion and/or email a person or two about him. And you could contact the manufacturer for more info, if bought new. Otherwise, if you paid by paypal there is buyer's protection, or you can talk to your credit card company.

I bought a Mach2 Digital Server (the demo he was using in his exhibit room) - he carries a wide range of equipment (used and new) like Eaglestone, MBL and DaVinci to name a few.

Just left him another voice message warning him of my intentions to make his name public if I do not receive a refund within the next 3 days. hope it works.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hi Fernando, sorry to hear of this predicament.:(

Agree with Steve's and Ack's suggestion, or PM me and I would be pleased to see if I know him
and could help you further:).

BTW, do you still want to cancel if the merchandise is shipped to you with alacrity?

I hope that he will react after the "nasty" message I left some minutes ago....I am OK if he ships right away, but I suspect the worst.
Thanks DaveyF

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Just sent this mail as well....

Dear xxxxxxx:

I tried to speak to you by phone this morning again, in order to learn the status of my order placed and paid in November 15th, 2011 for a demo MACH2 Digital Server.

I am very sorry for your accident and I hope you can recover from it shortly, on the other hand, it is unacceptable from any point of view the lack of communication regarding the shipment of the goods I acquired from you.

You have mentioned at least two times during the last month that my order was ready to be shipped by “next Friday”, well – two Fridays have passed and I do not have a clue on when or how you are going to deliver and close this transaction.

I AM REQUESTING BY THIS MAIL A FULL REFUND OF MY PAYMENT IN SIX DAYS STARTING FROM TODAY.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Well - he just sent me another mail saying that he will ship the Mach2 "this Friday" prior departing to Las Vegas (he is not that sick!!) - Hope he does!

Distributor is High-End Palace (Miami) - beware prior establishing any deal with him.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Hmm, I just called them and they are picking up the phone... Why not do the same and talk to them and straighten it all out? Email may not be the best. You can always start a complaint with the Attorney General in FLA and open a case with the bbb.org (Better Business Bureau)...

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hmm, I just called them and they are picking up the phone... Why not do the same and talk to them and straighten it all out? Email may not be the best. You can always start a complaint with the Attorney General in FLA and open a case with the bbb.org (Better Business Bureau)...

He surely has a caller-ID phone, but he just returned my mail saying that he will ship this Friday, fingers crossed!

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
He surely has a caller-ID phone, but he just returned my mail saying that he will ship this Friday, fingers crossed!

Block your number; and there are two guys there. Personally, I would have no reason to believe he's shipping you anything this Friday - if he were half the businessman, he would have gone out today to do it...

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Don't forget to ask for a tracking # to verify shipping. Sadly my experience with Attys General and BBB is they forward the complaint for comment. Not really designed for quick resolution of complaint.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Fernando,

Sorry to hear about your experience with High End Palace. I don't know how they do business, but they even have Genesis listed as a product, and they are definitely not one of my dealers - nor have they ever bought anything from us.

As for BBB, watch this:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Block your number; and there are two guys there. Personally, I would have no reason to believe he's shipping you anything this Friday - if he were half the businessman, he would have gone out today to do it...

yeap, friends down here are of the same idea - he just will not send it this Friday. I will move to phase 3 (formal complain) next Monday.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing