Etsuro Gold MC Cartridge in house

108CY

May 4, 2013
Etsuro do not publish the compliance specs but there standard maximum value would be 10 x10-6cm/dyne. I have had great results personally with the amg tonearm it works very well and is a combination that is used on the field.

Reactions: Bobvin and sujay

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Thanks Mik, good to know. I love what I am reading about this cartridge, hoping to visit Mike for a listen.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Well on one hand I can say I am happy for you Mike and the acknowledgment of the level of performance I have been reinforcing for some time of this lineup. On the other hand it is quite obvious that you did not procure this from me so this thread really sank my ship.

I look on the bright side of these situations as it presents and opportunity to deal with underhanded sellers who only care for their personal benefit. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Well on one hand I can say I am happy for you Mike and the acknowledgment of the level of performance I have been reinforcing for some time of this lineup. On the other hand it is quite obvious that you did not procure this from me so this thread really sank my ship.

I look on the bright side of these situations as it presents and opportunity to deal with underhanded sellers who only care for their personal benefit. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

You’ve got to be kidding me.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013

WTF?--So someone has thrown his toys outa the Cot-- I think this disrespectful post does nothing but throw shade on one of our most
respected participants .
:(

BruceD

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The world is one single market. Consumers choose to have middleman only when they find value in it. Only those who creates most value stay in the equation.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
WTF?--So someone has thrown his toys outa the Cot-- I think this disrespectful post does nothing but throw shade on one of our most
respected participants .

BruceD

He has done it to tang before and to an alsyvox owner. He might as well do to Ron, Peter and a few others now while he is on a roll

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
respected participants .

BruceD

Perhaps you can enlighten me as to why this is disrespectful?

I am the USA distributor and Mike lives in the USA = Fact
I find he purchased a cartridge outside of the USA on this thread = Fact

I express this sank my ship
I express that I use these circumstances to track down the distributor who sold it to him in order to get their status revoked
I wish Mike good enjoyment

What did I miss?

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
He has done it to tang before and to an alsyvox owner. He might as well do to Ron, Peter and a few others now while he is on a roll

Says the guy who only comes out of the wood works to troll and add fuel to anything negative that comes my way.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
The world is one single market. Consumers choose to have middleman only when they find value in it. Only those who creates most value stay in the equation.

That is an interesting philosophy. I did not realize that is was the consumers choice to forgo what is set forth by the manufacturer let alone the distribution that spent thousands of dollars to make that consumer even aware of the existence of the product in question.

Personally I would never fault a consumer seeking the lowest price they can get however they can manage it. It is conditioned in them by society in all aspects not just high fi.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Perhaps you can enlighten me as to why this is disrespectful?

I express this sank my ship
I express that I use these circumstances to track down the distributor who sold it to him in order to get their status revoked
I wish Mike good enjoyment

What did I miss?

I consider your Post disrespectful --end of story--period:(

Well you obviously missed the boat--it sank you said --c'mon we frankly are not interested in your quest to do the unthinkable
to the dastardly dude whom sold Mike a Cartridge--Geez get a life --get over it!
The World is it's own market now so I'd lick my wounded self and move on if I was you.
In case you missed it, this forum is for like minded Audio nut jobs to express opinions and ideas -and have bloody good time doing it
it is a HOBBY after all.
I/we certainly don't want dealers airing their woes over deals that didn't end up in their bank accounts

Like I said I'd stop now before you dig an even bigger hole

BruceD

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Well while I appreciate your advice I am going to have to add a couple of points of contention.

1) It is a hobby to you. It is a business for me.
2) As the distributor I certainly do not want to further the assumption that this can be done ongoing unless you have connections and those connections will be cut as I am following all the time with all lines. Already have knocked two out of the game last year.
3) When someone you work with/for violates the terms of that business agreement you don't just "get over it". You nip it in the bud

Now what I can agree with you on is now that we are done demonizing me because you don't like me for my one or two comments about it we can leave well enough alone and the thread can resume on topic.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Like I said I'd stop now before you dig an even bigger hole

BruceD
Best damage control is what Bruce said. Plus delete the post.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Joshua,

i'm sure what you meant to say was that you are not surprised i'm absolutely thrilled with the Etsuro Gold and are ready to assist anyone interested.

i have encouraged (a dozen or so so far who have reached out to me), and will continue to encourage, any interested buyers to both visit me to hear it, and to contact you about it. and you are most welcome for the attention i have brought and will continue to bring to this great product.

agree with others that the delete function does work when properly applied.

best regards,

Mike

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Apologies Mike, but I am afraid that is not what I meant to say. What I meant to say is simply what i have already said and I see no reason to retract that statement. In fact I will reiterate it. I am happy for you, but very disappointed that you chose to go the grey market instead. The usual suspects work very hard to make me the devil for pointing this out as though I am just posting this so as to voice my frustration I didn't turn some huge profit. Very amusing to say the least.

Certainly your endorsement is appreciated, but when you are getting emails asking for "the deal Mike got" or to "match pricing" that doesn't exist there is confusion by the fact that we did not do business for this transaction. I make it a point because I am the USA distributor getting these emails and having this thread be the culprit.

The only "damage" I see here is the contention that the World/Grey Market is a good thing (consumer view) vs my position that it is certainly a bad thing (industry view) and we can agree to disagree.

In summary, your opinion on this forum is weighted 100 (you) to 1 (me), but I am certainly entitled to my opinion and don't need to be bullied into deleting my post because it conflicts with your own.

Best Regards,

Joshua

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com

What did I miss?

So if I were to procur one of these cartridges on a trip abroad you would want to track down the dealer who sold it and revoke his dealer status? While you may not have sold Mike his cartridge you are assuming that some underhanded deal was made? You don't know but are only assuming--and you air that on this forum? That is indeed a bit disrespectful.

I would be surprised any distribution agreement would prevent a sale to someone visiting from abroad.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If everyone could make money that easily being a hifi dealer, all people on this and other forum would have left their professions to become one. I would also love to make money while watching and playing cricket, while eating out at restaurants, and while going to concerts and watching movies.

Unfortunately, making money (especially as much as we would like) is difficult. That's why we do jobs we don't like to pay for luxuries. The hifi market is changing. Dealers and distributors should adopt.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
So if I were to procur one of these cartridges on a trip abroad you would want to track down the dealer who sold it and revoke his dealer status? While you may not have sold Mike his cartridge you are assuming that some underhanded deal was made? You don't know but are only assuming--and you air that on this forum? That is indeed a bit disrespectful.

I would be surprised any distribution agreement would prevent a sale to someone visiting from abroad.

If there were a dedicated method of procurement factory direct everyone would just pay the air fare and buy it to avoid paying for the distribution or dealer markup. In the case of cartridge everyone that has inquired has been denied because we spend minimum of thousands on promotion and events to get you to like it so that you don't immediately jump on a plane to get it for the least expense possible.

This can be dissected any which way to infer that grey market is good. And from my point it is a very bad thing. One of the reason you have to go to shows now to hear anything new because the dealers of old were outpricing other dealers and it got way out of hand (who were not even in the demographic)

So yes this warrants discontinuing their status. Rules are simple. Sell to your country there are plenty there

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
If everyone could make money that easily being a hifi dealer, all people on this and other forum would have left their professions to become one. I would also love to make money while watching and playing cricket, while eating out at restaurants, and while going to concerts and watching movies.

Unfortunately, making money (especially as much as we would like) is difficult. That's why we do jobs we don't like to pay for luxuries. The hifi market is changing. Dealers and distributors should adopt.

I think I will keep my own counsel on this matter.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
What is the Etsuro re-tipping policy - how expensive is this service? Can people send the cartridge directly to the factory or just to distributors?

Reactions: marmota

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing