Degritter ultrasonic record cleaner

Hi y’all, just a few words on what I think is a worthy alternative to the Audio Desk Systeme and KLAudio ultrasonic cleaners.

http://degritter.com/media-kit/

I’ve been a beta tester on the Degritter for the last few weeks, and am happy to offer my opinions and answer any qs for those interested.

I believe official launch is in early May, and at this stage after a couple of quibbles in day to day use, I’m planning to keep my unit, it’s been a pretty good success, and invaluable addition to day to day life as a vinyl addict.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone received shipping details yet who are waiting for the machines?

Those expectations may be a bit early, given they predicted to start shipping yesterday, 18th. Everything else has been delayed, I'm not going to presuppose the 18th isn't a bit of a soft target date as well.

(btw, that's not being cynical, just realistic and patient).

Those expectations may be a bit early, given they predicted to start shipping yesterday, 18th. Everything else has been delayed, I'm not going to presuppose the 18th isn't a bit of a soft target date as well.

(btw, that's not being cynical, just realistic and patient).

Had an email from Taniel and he said that they had experienced minor delays however the machines should ship this week, if thats the case the machine should be here sometime next week, happy days!

Had an email from Taniel and he said that they had experienced minor delays however the machines should ship this week, if thats the case the machine should be here sometime next week, happy days!

Thanks for the update!

Funny how it gets harder to wait the closer it comes to finally getting the machine. For some of us they have to cross the pond, so I expect Europeans to get theirs first.

Well, looks like another minor glitch has been solved and shipping is supposed to begin in earnest this week. Fingers crossed!

I just recieved the most horrendously overgraded record from discogs and boy could it use a cleaning!

Well, looks like another minor glitch has been solved and shipping is supposed to begin in earnest this week. Fingers crossed!

I just recieved the most horrendously overgraded record from discogs and boy could it use a cleaning!

Yes all being well fingers crossed that the machines ship this week, I’m pretty sure it will all be worth the wait in the end, I too have quite a number of records I’ve been saving for the arrival of the machine, one of them the Coltrane Heavyweight Box set

Just had a tracking email and it looks like mine is on its way, exciting times ahead, hope you guys get yours soon

Lee

I'm gonna wait to return my beta unit and swap for my production unit once the initial pressure on the Degritter boys has subsided.

Hope it all works out for you, it was me who brought the machine to everyone's attention.

I'm gonna wait to return my beta unit and swap for my production unit once the initial pressure on the Degritter boys has subsided.

Hope it all works out for you, it was me who brought the machine to everyone's attention.

It was actually Audiophile Bill who brought it to my attention way before you posted the thread on here but hey ho

Reactions: XV-1
It was actually Audiophile Bill who brought it to my attention way before you posted the thread on here but hey ho

To be fair, it was Marc. Which is why I decided to look at audiodesk and KL. :p Bill must have passed you the message, which is why maybe you considered it.

Just had a tracking email and it looks like mine is on its way, exciting times ahead, hope you guys get yours soon

Lee

Do you mind my asking: Where are you located? USA?

The closer it gets (hopefully) to receiving this thing, the more the wait is killing me! Wondering how long shipping will take.

Ha, now I'm the one finding it harder to be patient :)

Anyone else received notice of shipment?

I haven't, so still twiddling my thumbs waiting.

I wonder how many of us here have ordered one? And I'm curious how many orders Degritter actually got for the machines. As per their last email, they should be shipping out 15 per week as of last week, so I presume there must have been at least 30 or so orders before mine if they are going in sequence (just based on the fact it's near the end of this week with no notice).

COF, I get yr frustration. If it puts things in perspective, a member here bought the Java preamp as beta tester, and waited over 12 months from payment.

I'll chase them up. I do know that they're claiming they've put right multiple issues leading to final launch.

Some people voted Brexit, and are STILL waiting LOL.

COF, I get yr frustration. If it puts things in perspective, a member here bought the Java preamp as beta tester, and waited over 12 months from payment.

I'll chase them up. I do know that they're claiming they've put right multiple issues leading to final launch.

Some people voted Brexit, and are STILL waiting LOL.

No need, thanks. I presume they aren't sitting on their hands but are frantically working to fulfill all orders. They are clearly a conscientious company.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing