What's Spinning Tonight?

I was able to see them once, at this show:

orlando71-ad.jpg

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/node/568/686

My buddy Jack Price had a Corvair, we drove down from Jacksonville. For some reason it would only engage 4th gear after the concert.

They played Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven, and Going to California from the fourth album, which hadn't been released yet, so that was interesting/confusing.

The whole night was interesting/confusing. It was 1971, after all...

I was able to see them once, at this show:

View attachment 24281

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/node/568/686

My buddy Jack Price had a Corvair, we drove down from Jacksonville. For some reason it would only engage 4th gear after the concert.

They played Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven, and Going to California from the fourth album, which hadn't been released yet, so that was interesting/confusing.

The whole night was interesting/confusing. It was 1971, after all...

Wow, $6 ... and 1971 ... and Led Zeppelin live. :cool:

That was when cocaine started to appear in Florida back then, from Colombia...Escobar & associates.
Where you high @ that concert? ...And if yes on what?
Plus, where you @ high school, and studying what?

Hans Theessink Band, "Bridges". Redbook.
Finally got a chance to rip this CD to my server and listen. Man, superb music and *reference quality* fidelity, especially the first track. I challenge anyone to listen to this album and not want to tap their feet in joy!

Thanks Steve.

Finally got a chance to rip this CD to my server and listen. Man, superb music and *reference quality* fidelity, especially the first track. I challenge anyone to listen to this album and not want to tap their feet in joy!

"Reference quality", you mean +1 for poor ole CD, right ;)

Downloaded http://www.linn.co.uk/christmas; both formats in flac. Long time fan of Linn music, even on CD.

Yes, the CD. It has excellent fidelity.

Well, let's wish for a I-heart-CD t-shirt for xmas. :D

recently played an old CD [M2G24088] ...
R-1546799-1264864946.jpeg.jpg

... fully expecting just "CD Quality" ... but to my surprise, it sounds "reference". Dated 1986, this US printed CD was an early / original copy, and it sounds amazing, a clear picture into the mix, spectacular sq in my system, the low frequencies ...

Yob Clearing the Path to Ascend

yob-clearing-the-path-to-ascend.jpg

It's just been one of those days, really.

recently played an old CD ...
View attachment 24314

... fully expecting just "CD Quality" ... but to my surprise, it sounds "reference". Dated 1986, this US printed CD was an early / original copy, and it sounds amazing, a clear picture into the mix, spectacular sq in my system, the low frequencies ...

But this right here is what I'm going to listen to next.

Used to have a great love affair with Windham Hill back in 1980s, buying just about all of their releases. Browsing my library ran into this good friend:

Remarkable what fidelity it has despite being released in 1988. The bass in the opening track is amazing.

Delightful album, Eye To The Telescope, from Scottish singer/songwriter, KT Tunstall. Fidelity is average to slightly below average but there is not a bad track in there from artistic point of view. Have the US delux version:

Spent a lovely hour with Elizaveta, and her superb album, Beatrix Runs. Elizaveta is born in NY but grew up in Russia. Classically trained, her music is moody and just lovely to listen to:

Fidelity is good.

Went to buy her new Album, Messenger, and it is not available in CD! :( Only compressed downloads. May be the first compressed download I buy.

Continuing to dig into my existing catalog. This time the nice album from A Fine Frenzy, One Cell in the Sea. I especially like this track:

Fidelity is average.

Still digging through my catalog... How come one never gets tired of albums like this?

What a gift that it is so. And with excellent fidelity despite the age. Who said digital was not good in its early years?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing