What's Spinning Tonight?

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Donny Hathaway. These Songs For You (Live). Listening to I Love You More Than You Will Ever Know and A Song For You. Man, that guy just tears me up. Such a shame he's gone.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Had a little session with John, Paul and George. Played their first solo efforts...what a nice trip!

John

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
I have just finished a session with Jacintha... ;)
Somehow they didn't do the Jacintha LP releases justice. A while back, a friend brought over a copy of the tape and any resemblance between the master tape and the LP is purely coincidental :(

Jul 1, 2010
Though strictly speaking, nothing is spinning :), this morning I'm listening to Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Ron Carter, Wallace Roney and Tony Williams' "A Tribute to Miles."

P

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Same here Nothing was strictly spinning (SSD) and I was listening to Brahms 1,3 Berliner under Von Karajan. Not the greatest recording in the world but music is so powerful ... and HVK was att the top of his art then then Haydn ( Columbia MK 39310) Yo-Yo Ma, Wynton Marsalis and Cho-Liang Lin)

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Last night, MoFi remaster of Elvis Costello's 'Armed Forces'. Best recording of a great album.

Arcade Fire 'Funeral' now as I try to pump myself up for some difficult work ahead today

MC352

Aug 27, 2010
CT
I am playing a collection of swing music, 8 LP's in all, I picked up used a few weeks ago. One of the sets of records looks like it was never played. I cleaned them up, put them in better sleeves, and I have been listening to them this afternoon. Good stuff.

Jul 1, 2010
This morning, now, and "Something Else" - Cannonball Adderly & Miles. Other than a bit of hard panning, an excellent period recording of great performances.

P

RBFC

WBF Founding Member & Super Moderator
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Harmonium - L'Heptade on vinyl

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing