Should I be mad as hell or?

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Today, a very interesting thing happened to me. I went to one of my local shops and was looking throug the bins of LP’s. I come across the LP of Jacintha “here’s to Ben” on the Groove note label. I look at the price, think it’s good and decide to buy it. Inside the sleeve are two (2) LP’s...one a 33 with nine tracks and the other..a 45 rpm with one track per side.( I thought this was odd, but??)
The vendor is nice enough to let me hear the LP...and unknown to me, he plays the 45 rpm track....sounds quite good. He leaves the room, and I happen to notice that there is another issue of this LP next to the one I want...this one is the 45 rpm reissue. I place the record back in the sleeve and go to the cashiers desk. At the desk, the vendor meets me and opens up the LP and says “what’s this 45 disc doing in the sleeve! “Kind of accuses me of placing it there....which i am shocked at. When I tell him that it was there before, he says he believes me but that it shouldn’t be there and says someone else must have been trying to take him.
I am now VERY uncomfortable...but still I buy the LP from him....minus the 45 rpm disc. When I get home, I do a little research and it seems that the 45rpm disc should indeed be included with the package...as this is the numbered original edition and they included the 45 disc with it...
I’m going back next week to claim the 45 disc...should I be mad..or what?

Not mad. At least the person thought he was doing the right thing. Danny boy is duplicated so you get The Look Of Love additional on the 45rpm.

I would call them first to make sure they don't sell the 2 x 45rpm with a 3rd 12 inch 45rpm .

If so, just get your $$ back. the album is nice, albeit overrated for the boring lite jazz it is.

Not mad. At least the person thought he was doing the right thing. Danny boy is duplicated so you get The Look Of Love additional on the 45rpm.

I would call them first to make sure they don't sell the 2 x 45rpm with a 3rd 12 inch 45rpm .

If so, just get your $$ back. the album is nice, albeit overrated for the boring lite jazz it is.

I don’t know, I didn’t hear the whole LP, just the Danny boy Track....which I thought was ok..music wise...and very nice SQ wise.

Today, a very interesting thing happened to me. I went to one of my local shops and was looking throug the bins of LP’s. I come across the LP of Jacintha “here’s to Ben” on the Groove note label. I look at the price, think it’s good and decide to buy it. Inside the sleeve are two (2) LP’s...one a 33 with nine tracks and the other..a 45 rpm with one track per side.( I thought this was odd, but??)
The vendor is nice enough to let me hear the LP...and unknown to me, he plays the 45 rpm track....sounds quite good. He leaves the room, and I happen to notice that there is another issue of this LP next to the one I want...this one is the 45 rpm reissue. I place the record back in the sleeve and go to the cashiers desk. At the desk, the vendor meets me and opens up the LP and says “what’s this 45 disc doing in the sleeve! “Kind of accuses me of placing it there....which i am shocked at. When I tell him that it was there before, he says he believes me but that it shouldn’t be there and says someone else must have been trying to take him.
I am now VERY uncomfortable...but still I buy the LP from him....minus the 45 rpm disc. When I get home, I do a little research and it seems that the 45rpm disc should indeed be included with the package...as this is the numbered original edition and they included the 45 disc with it...
I’m going back next week to claim the 45 disc...should I be mad..or what?

Not worth it, go back show him your findings, you may end up making a good friend, especially one that can keep an eye out for items your looking for, make the circumstance work for you.

Reactions: DaveyF
That’s good advice...I think. I thought he was a friend before, but after the suspicion, well maybe I’m not so sure. It certainly didn’t sit well with me, as I have bought considerable amounts from them before. Nonetheless, I will definitely be going back for the additional disc.

Last edited:
You said it; go back and claim what's yours. Bring the info proof with you of course.
If he doesn't apologise don't be surprised, most people never do.

But never get mad, it incites to violence and that's the last thing we need on this planet.

Cheers, and I love that recording...sensual voice and . . . Smoooooth.

Next time you shop @ that store that vendor will be living his karma, don't disturb him; that's the best you can do for him and for you too. ...The art of higher learning, and Ultrafast69 is spot on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kefas
You said it; go back and claim what's yours. Bring the info proof with you of course.
If he doesn't apologise don't be surprised, most people never do.

But never get mad, it incites to violence and that's the last thing we need on this planet.

Cheers, and I love that recording...sensual voice and . . . Smoooooth.

Next time you shop @ that store that vendor will be living his karma, don't disturb him; that's the best you can do for him and for you too. ...The art of higher learning, and Ultrafas69 is spot on.

Nice, Bob.

The way that the vendor acted did lead me to have to defend my ethics. This is something that I will not forget, however, I agree that he most likely has seen a situation like this before, wherein someone was trying to take advantage of him and sneak a record out of the store. What i do not like, is that he clearly does not know his inventory well enough to truly determine what is--and what isn't - a problem. Albeit, he has a large stock, and perhaps--perhaps that is asking a lot of him. I too did not know for sure that the additional disc was part of the package...and the way it is included is very odd. I will be very decent and fair to him upon my return, but I certainly do hope he will apologize to me. Although I am not going to hold my breath on that one...LOL

Davey, I was one of the top purchasers of music recordings in one big music store of past many years. It was on the second floor.
The first floor was all the audio gear.
So, hardware on first and software on second floor.
I was given a VIP card on the second floor.
On the first floor I was given disrespectful looks because they knew nothing about me, they were just judging from appearance, I had longer hair. And they didn't keep track with the music on the second floor, they were strictly into audio gear.

I'm sure we all know several audio dealers and music stores.
When we meet people like the vendor you briefly described, best is to ignore him, walk away, and go shop somewhere else. In your particular case I too would feel insulted in my heart and soul.
Best is to control those emotions, ask him to look in his computer that the album you purchased come with the other disc...the 45.

Brief we don't always get respect because the people we met in life they are not all from the same mindset with the same solid foundations on mannoeurism, respect, ...all the important jazz of essential ascension in all men, women and children of decent societies.

Work with him, make him your best ally. :)
Should I be mad because someone is talking when there are no words to express silence?

Last edited:
I wouldn't be mad, I'd just go back and share your findings. Don't be surprised if your research is not accepted, I find record sellers to be a cantankerous lot. The good news is that you have an infinite marketplace with eBay.

go back. Get your 45 but keep your cool. Remember what Michelle said..."when they go low , we go high":)

So, I went back, kept my cool and got the 45...
Vendor was a little weird, seemed to disbelieve me, but when I offered proof, he gave me the 45 and stated he didn’t have time to worry about a 45 disc or see my proof, more important fish to fry..

Mike, you're a nice guy, that helps a lot. :)

I'm glad Davey got his 45 finally. That vendor is not from planet Earth, he lives inside an illusion.

Last edited:
So, I went back, kept my cool and got the 45...
Vendor was a little weird, seemed to disbelieve me, but when I offered proof, he gave me the 45 and stated he didn’t have time to worry about a 45 disc or see my proof, more important fish to fry..
That's good that you got the 45 as you should have, but dismissive attitude gets under my skin very deep and personally makes situations like that worse for me. I know there are bigger concerns in the universe....but. I don't get visibly or outwardly angry, it does however instantly speed up my decision making process!

Last edited:
That they are to be sure. Have you been to Record Surplus over on Santa Monica Blvd, they are an agreeable lot and never gave me any grief over any issues I have had.

http://www.recordsurplusla.com/

My first time there, I opened a taped record and got yelled at by one of the fucktarded millennials that works there. I had no clue that the taped records not to be opened as there were no signs and the records were not marked. I would never yell at one of my customers....ever.

My first time there, I opened a taped record and got yelled at by one of the fucktarded millennials that works there. I had no clue that the taped records not to be opened as there were no signs and the records were not marked. I would never yell at one of my customers....ever.
Maybe things have changed there recently. I have been out of the state for e few years now.
And this guy never buys used vinyl with out close inspection.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing