Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One | Official Trailer (2023 Movie) - Tom Cruise

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Saw this movie today to a packed theater. A very lengthy film at 2 hours 45 minutes. Long but what a buzz as it is non stop acton. Often times the scenes were very lengthy and dialogue long and sometimes I found myself lost in the words as a bit confusing . Having said that the film is a must see because we all know the Cruie does his own stunts. Well I can tell you that you'll be on the edge of your seat watching him do things that even a stuntman would be crazy to do. There is one scene where he drives a motorcycle off. cliff with. parachute on his back ......all of the fight scenes on the top of train at 60 mph were done by him and there is another where he jumps out of a train hanging over a blown out bridge high above a valley below to parachute to safety.

The movie ended at the perfect spot for part one. Hopefully there won't be. long interlude between the two but one is a must see

This should garnish several nominations including Best Picture

Reactions: Alrainbow

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Part 1 of a multi-part story. It was non-stop action. The way-too-long Fiat car chase scene was gratuitous and boring. The train scenes were harrowing. Nice visuals of the Austrian alps.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I'm seeing it tomorrow afternoon!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Uh-oh!:oops: I chose Dolby Cinema over IMAX, because reviews suggested the picture quality was better and the audio quality was better on Dolby Cinema even if the screen is smaller.

I'm going with Don, who is a videophile. I should've asked him!:(

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Hard to beat the bigger screen size. As for audio, I think IMAX is using DTSX and the Dolby Cinema Atmos. As much as I love Atmos, DTS X is damn good too, the Indiana Jones 5 I saw at the local IMAX sounded spectacular if too loud. Also, if I am not mistaken, the film was shot using IMAX cameras,.

Steve Williams

Part 1 of a multi-part story. It was non-stop action. The way-too-long Fiat car chase scene was gratuitous and boring. The train scenes were harrowing. Nice visuals of the Austrian alps.
Not your type of movie Tim. Everything was long but the beauty was all stunts were done by him. Far from boring. The stunts were beyond anything I can imagine. The motorcycle off the cliff was truly incredible.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Not your type of movie Tim. Everything was long but the beauty was all stunts were done by him. Far from boring. The stunts were beyond anything I can imagine. The motorcycle off the cliff was truly incredible.

The overly long scene I mentioned was a distraction that broke continuity. I appreciate your adoration of TC doing his own stunts; I didn't see the car chase as a demonstration of Cruse doing stunts. Cruse or otherwise the movie still needs to flow.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
It was freakin' awesome. Perfect summer movie

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It was a very exciting movie. Very impressive that your attention is engaged almost continuously and the long movie does not feel long at all.

As Tim said the railroad seen certainly is harrowing.

Question: Why did Ethan let the sword girl live when he had the chance to kill her in the alley after she ambushed him?

It is a bit puzzling that Tom Cruise chooses to take the risks that he takes in preparing for and executing these amazing stunts. How does he even run that fast at 61 years old?

I am not a connoisseur of these movies, but I think I might've like one of the earlier Mission Impossible movies even better. Was the one about the rabbit's foot even more engaging?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I haven’t liked any of the MI before hope this one is good will catch it soon

• Wow
Reactions: Ron Resnick

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
My favorite MI is Rogue Nation. That opening airplane stunt is amazing. The Atmos track is excellent as well.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
  • Haha
Reactions: Bobvin

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I saw it yesterday in full dolby atmos and it was loud. I hate to be negative but the plot is very thin. The movie IMO is a series of stunts and chases. These are done well and the film is exciting but an acedemy award?
IMO Top Gun Mav was much better as a movie although not great plot either.
For those who might have forgotten go watch Homeland season one and two, Justified , Game of Thrones not counting the last season, these were really well done and had plot, characters and action not just one of the above.
MI was fun like riding a roller coaster but a great film me thinks not.

Steve Williams

I saw it yesterday in full dolby atmos and it was loud. I hate to be negative but the plot is very thin. The movie IMO is a series of stunts and chases. These are done well and the film is exciting but an acedemy award?
IMO Top Gun Mav was much better as a movie although not great plot either.
For those who might have forgotten go watch Homeland season one and two, Justified , Game of Thrones not counting the last season, these were really well done and had plot, characters and action not just one of the above.
MI was fun like riding a roller coaster but a great film me thinks not.
I go to the movies to be entertained. Thst can be with a great drama, a love story, a murder mystery or an action packed drama such as these. Every plot in the series has been thin. The entertainment I derived was not from the story ( there is a part 2 coming) but rather the action packed scenes that for me was worth the price of admission. I have seen all of the SERIES you noted and loved all of them but you can tell more of a story with a series that goes 4-5 years or longer with 8-10 episodes per season. Methinks you’re comparing apples and oranges Elliot

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I go to the movies to be entertained. Thst can be with a great drama, a love story, a murder mystery or an action packed drama such as these. Every plot in the series has been thin. The entertainment I derived was not from the story ( there is a part 2 coming) but rather the action packed scenes that for me was worth the price of admission. I have seen all of the SERIES you noted and loved all of them but you can tell more of a story with a series that goes 4-5 years or longer with 8-10 episodes per season. Methinks you’re comparing apples and oranges Elliot
ok then lets say the Last Samerai , Tom Cruise at his best IMO and a really excellent movie. Entertaining and well written it actually has a story and characters you care about. Hollywoood is just follwoing this Marvelesque formula of chases and crashes and effects rather than actually write a great story. If that enetertains you great for me its a very low bar.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing