New Atlas Lambda

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Hi. I've settled on 1.74gms. I feel the image and tonal balance are best in my set-up at 1.74.
Interesting because before the Lambda, the range was 1.65 to 1.75 with the recommended weight being 1.72.

So I have just gone with 1.72.

Now I see the range is 1.65 to 1.72 which suggests a lighter VTF than the non-Lambda.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I have ordered a Atlas Lambda and I am now in month 5 of waiting for it. Times are tough with the GFS and the Koestu Jade Platinum.
Kcin,

I am very curious what you think if the Atlas Lambda vs the GFS. (and your Jade Platinum). My GFS just keeps singing but I've read a few others trying others and moving.

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Kcin,

I am very curious what you think if the Atlas Lambda vs the GFS. (and your Jade Platinum). My GFS just keeps singing but I've read a few others trying others and moving.
I will be very interested as well and will report here if it ever arrives. I can say that the original Atlas had more in common with GFS than otherwise. I had the the Etna SL here as well and it is a different presentation all together.

I am waiting 3mos for a vehicle as well, no chips for the ECUs . COVID has everyone spending , who would have predicted that?

Reactions: jfrech

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
After almost 6mos to the day I ordered the Atlas Lambda replacement upgrade it arrived this week.

It may be some time before I install it as we get such a short span of good weather here I spend most of the summer outdoors. I will report back on Atlas vs Lambda vs GFS as soon as possible if there is an interest.

The Kuzma 4pt headshell system makes it easier to accomplish.

I also want to see what the Kondo wires on the arm do for the Atlas comparison as I had not played the original Atlas with my new 4 pt. More to come.

lem321

Feb 7, 2014
After almost 6mos to the day I ordered the Atlas Lambda replacement upgrade it arrived this week.

It may be some time before I install it as we get such a short span of good weather here I spend most of the summer outdoors. I will report back on Atlas vs Lambda vs GFS as soon as possible if there is an interest.

The Kuzma 4pt headshell system makes it easier to accomplish.

I also want to see what the Kondo wires on the arm do for the Atlas comparison as I had not played the original Atlas with my new 4 pt. More to come.
Do you have any updates regarding the Atlas Lambda and specifically how it compares to your previous Etna? Thanks.

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Hi , I never got the chance to try the Lambda in my own system- I arranged to get an new Etsuro Gold with it in a trade before ever mounting it.

I am enjoying the Etsuro though. I can tell you though that the standard Atlas against the Etna SL were very different in my view.

Etna SL had delicacy and and nuance almost polite- Atlas just brought my system alive. In the end, I opted out of the Etna SL and kept the Atlas--- then traded up to the Atlas Lambda that never was.

I have a friend that uses my Etna SL ( sold to him with less than 50 hrs) with an ARC 6SE and REF Phono 3 SE - he's very happy.

lem321

Feb 7, 2014
Hi , I never got the chance to try the Lambda in my own system- I arranged to get an new Etsuro Gold with it in a trade before ever mounting it.

I am enjoying the Etsuro though. I can tell you though that the standard Atlas against the Etna SL were very different in my view.

Etna SL had delicacy and and nuance almost polite- Atlas just brought my system alive. In the end, I opted out of the Etna SL and kept the Atlas--- then traded up to the Atlas Lambda that never was.

I have a friend that uses my Etna SL ( sold to him with less than 50 hrs) with an ARC 6SE and REF Phono 3 SE - he's very happy.
Thanks for the update. I've also been very happy with my Etna SL using the same electronics as your friend but looking to upgrade to the Lambda version. Having a very "live" room, the Etna may be a better fit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing