Music is dead

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Yeah Yeah Yeahs ,z been making music for aroun 20 years now - their new album is superb

Reactions: Audiophile666

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Well almost...
I can't help but feel that older music is just is so much better than all the new stuff being released today in all music genres.
There isn't one modern rock band that even comes close to Radiohead, Nirvana, PJ etc..
No new Bob Dylan, no new Jeff Buckley etc...
All new music and artists are just mediocre at best, except in some rare cases (Joanna Newsom for example)
Does anyone here feels the same way?
Not me. I think a lot of audiophiles are a swimming in a haze of nostalgia. Maybe it’s it’s related to aging for some.

There is great music being made in all genres today. Their is a lot of crap (like always) in the pop/rock world. You just have to know where to look and expose yourself.

The old FM radio of the 60/70’s was great for this. Today you can find great internet radio for similar exposure.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing