David Karmeli’s Bionor/Lamm/AS-2000 Audio System

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I would disagree that your system presents as much of the information that is embedded in the recording if you don't get clear imaging and spatial relationships. There is likely smearing from having the speakers in the corner, diffraction from the old design horn, possible resonances from the cabinet and for sure the horn, etc.

Having owned initially a dedicated mono only system comprising an original Vitavox CN-191 followed by a stereo setup comprising a second extremely well made copy ( the woodwork actually better than the original ) , lastly of a second contemporary original CN-191 making up the stereo pair, I would concur entirely with your assessment.

Reactions: jeff1225

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
the mind is indeed building a similar picture (I'd not call what I perceive ina concert hall as hologram at all), yet the way different systems do that is differing...and for me some ways work better than others, for others it'll be the other way around. I find phase/time coherence to be of great importance, as well as dynamics integrated in time across the bandwidth. I reckon it's in that domain where the major differences in approach hit home.

Phase is a Relationship , or we talking electrical , acoustic or both ..?

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
Having owned initially a dedicated mono only system comprising an original Vitavox CN-191 followed by a stereo setup comprising a second extremely well made copy ( the woodwork actually better than the original ) , lastly of a second contemporary original CN-191 making up the stereo pair, I would concur entirely with your assessment.

Mono as in one loudspeaker ..?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
more so than most of what I heard at High End Munich last year...
I'll go for the setup I tested in my prototype, full range and a super tweeter rather than the 500Hz higher order crossover the horn.
Ok, the answer is no…unless you apply DSP.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Vitavox CN 191, vid has language barrier.
Looks like he is using the Quad amps and preamps in the second half.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Have you heard the Vitavox CN - 191 in person ? … I have owned them !
No, I have nothing to offer in that regard, but the vid was interesting.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
No, I have nothing to offer in that regard, but the vid was interesting.
Agree … many YouTube transcriptions of this type are interesting as you say … however I would trust none of them as an arbiter when purchasing an audio transcription system ! Like the new avatar btw

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
  • Haha
Reactions: tima

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Vitavox CN 191, vid has language barrier.
Looks like he is using the Quad amps and preamps in the second half.

Thank you for posting this. These are later versions with cabinets that look like they were made in Japan. The word is different in the camera construction is different. From what I understand, the original version with different slat design and different cabinet construction and materials sound the best.

they also do not appear to have a good coupling to the wall which dramatically affects the performance.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
So very *Natural* I am literally transported … ;) :

these were pulled out from the corners because of the room construction. But even in the haphazard set up, I heard something that made me want to own them. It is easy to see how the cabinets are different.

Last edited:
Reactions: mxk116

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing