Sep 26, 2013
Germany

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Lil Audio housings are very similar to those of Saba Greencones or the French Salbert. they work with resonance housings
sabacello.jpeg ea6a832a96ea5948688a9de679a12047.jpg

Reactions: thomask

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
These would work good with a super tweeter on top.
Little one is the Tweeter Saba greencone comes from german tube radio freiburg. They bid over 1000€ to get this speakers crazy world
P3040368 (1).jpg

Here Salabert sound

Last edited:

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

Come on they also have 15inch open baffle proto model.

I have this CD called "Sister Drum".

I will play it with Altec A7 and compare with this one 15 minutes later. ;)

This one is same song through my Altec A7 driven by Line Magnetic 508 also supplemented by Fostex supertweeter.

Of course, Altec A7 give more impact! ;)

Last edited:

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany

This one is same song through my Altec A7 driven by Line Magnetic 508 also supplemented by Fostex supertweeter.

if the baffle of the LIL 15 is provided with side walls to prevent the acoustic short circuit. then have a lot more bass.exsample my bass
20181024_142036.jpg

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
The PHY-HP speakers you show in the video are the smaller version of my Ocellia's, mine have the larger 30cm drivers and twin "tweeters". Quite a clever design.

David
What amps are you driving yours with?

dwhistance

Feb 15, 2019
What amps are you driving yours with?
I generally use an SJS Arcadia PSE 2A3 amp but am borrowing a similar PSE 300b amp at the moment. Although I prefer my amp, probably due to it now being only 2 stages rather than the original 3 and using higher spec components, I do like the extra power of the 300b amp. I therefore need to decide whether to get mine altered (I hesitate to say upgraded) or buy this one and have it upgraded. I will then need to decide on which 300b’s to use. This one uses Electro Harmonix but as I am used to the NOS RCA 2A3’s in my amp I will probably go for either Takatsuki or the new WE reissues.

David

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A

Sorry Thomas … but the upper frequency range on that recording on the A7’s in that open room position are creating an almost acoustical feedback wave that is quite unpleasant to hear.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I generally use an SJS Arcadia PSE 2A3 amp but am borrowing a similar PSE 300b amp at the moment. Although I prefer my amp, probably due to it now being only 2 stages rather than the original 3 and using higher spec components, I do like the extra power of the 300b amp. I therefore need to decide whether to get mine altered (I hesitate to say upgraded) or buy this one and have it upgraded. I will then need to decide on which 300b’s to use. This one uses Electro Harmonix but as I am used to the NOS RCA 2A3’s in my amp I will probably go for either Takatsuki or the new WE reissues.

David
Sounds nice. I think I heard the Ocellias with 211 tubes.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Sorry Thomas … but the upper frequency range on that recording on the A7’s in that open room position are creating an almost acoustical feedback wave that is quite unpleasant to hear.
This recording is being used by some reviewers to test dynamic contrast and sub bass impact.

It is not strange that you feel too much accoustical feedback which is a nature of this recording.

If your sytem does not show it, it lacks dynamic contrast and subbass.

Some people suggested me to add subwoofer to Altec A7.

But I do not feel any need to add subwoofer to Altec A7.

Although it does not go below 30hz, it give enough dynamics and bass up to 30 hz.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing