Major League Baseball

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The Red Sox imploded

The Phillies and Yanks look good

As a Yankees fan, the last team wanted to play in a five game series was the Tigers :( Verlander had an incredible year. As far as the junior league goes, watch out for the Brewers. I just feel the Phillies achilles heel is their bullpen and esp. closer!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I'm glad to see the Rays in it. I see that Francona won't be back for the Sox though. Rumor has it he might be headed to the other Sox....

O.T... you know what pissed me off the most. The Mariners have lost about 95 games (again) this year and they had the audacity to send me an invoice for next year's season tickets before the season was even over. That's pretty pathetic.....

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Boston manager fired. Tampa leads Texas 8-0.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
At the rate the Red Sox were losing like 7 or 8 games straight with the wild card on the line, I figure they would easily lose in the playoffs. And they were blowing leads and letting teams come back and win. The Rays are worthy contenders, a series with the Yankees will be exciting.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
And who knows how last night's rainout will affect the Yanks-Tigers series. Both teams wasted their #1 starters because the umps made a bad decision to try and get the game in.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
That's a very interesting thought. Makes sense

The other thing about resuming the game at the point where it was suspended tonight! The Tigers lineup was set for a lefty; Nova is a righty. So if they switch players, they lose them I imagine. Not a problem for the Yanks since I believe all the Tiger starters are rightys :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I rarely follow East Coast American League so what was it that changed Detroit around and makes them a contender

Having the Cy Young award winner (Justin Verlander), possible MVP candidate (Miguel Cabrera) the top reliever in the AL in saves (Jose Velarder) certainly helped. But it's also so hard to tell about teams because of the unbalanced schedule. One can make an argument that the AL East is the toughest division (Sox, Yanks, TB, Toronto) and the other divs are much weaker ergo how good is Detroit. OTOH the Tagers (Bill White's name for them :) ) did win 95 games. On paper, it's a pretty even matchup and anything can happen in a five game series :(

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And the Tigers are up 2-1 over the Yankees in a close one tonight. Their pitching is great.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Tigers eliminate Yanks in a close one.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Interesting playoffs. I would never have expected to see the Phils or the Yanks out of it

Same here, Steve. I thought either one or both would be in the World Series. But baseball is such an unpredictable game. Sometimes all it takes is one pitcher getting the number of the entire batting order and shutting them out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing