Peaky Blinders-BBC Produced- A Netflix Original 2013-2022

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have to admit that I hate starting a lengthy series but have never regretted when I over ruled myself to do such. For the past few years I have seen Peaky Blinders advertised on Netflix and the theme appealed to me yet by the time we had some interest the show was seasons old and done with a movie to tie it all up to be announced. My son turned our interest back to this short series and one of the best I've seen in a long time. It was continually snubbed for Emmy awards although it did reach major acclaim in the UK. Each season has only 6 episodes and there are only 6 seasons. This is one series where my wife and I were spellbound from start to finish, so much so that we binged this entire series in about 9 days. This really is a must see series with an amazing cast. Each season seems to have its own different villain to Tommy Shelby played so well by Cillian Murphy and an ensemble cast. Pol , Aunt Polly played by (Helen McCrory)was one of the Shelby family and the series final season had to be changed as she succumbed to metastatic breast cancer

Here is an excellent summary of the series. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peaky_Blinders_(TV_series)

Peaky blinders - Season 1 [Trailer]

Reactions: drrsutliff

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The characters are each played by excellent actors.Adrian Brody in season 3-4 was amazing as a mafioso . Sam Neill was also excellent in seasons 1-2 as the villain

There're many cliff hangers and several twists but by and large the story of an Irish-Gypsy family and their rise to fame by their family head Thomas Shelby

Even though there were only 6 seasons and 6 episodes each this will keep you at the edge of your seat.
Some seasons had over two years between one another

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
Brilliant show that one

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing