Major League Baseball

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
There's only one answer. Don't know why you even need to ask. When the dust settles, it'll be a two-peat for the Yanks. Too good a pitching and hitting.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Think the Phillies have to be the favorites esp. with Halliday. He's scary good when he's healthy. But the Yanks pen and Mariano make the difference in the long run.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
There's only one answer. Don't know why you even need to ask. When the dust settles, it'll be a two-peat for the Yanks. Too good a pitching and hitting.

1/4 of the way into the season and Yanks are 5 games behind Tampa Bay. Long season but I've heard others say the same things before Myles

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
1/4 of the way into the season and Yanks are 5 games behind Tampa Bay. Long season but I've heard others say the same things before Myles

Yes five of their opening day lineup is on the DL and there still in the race. Granderson will hopefully be back in a week and that will help.

Steve Williams

Think the Phillies have to be the favorites esp. with Halliday. He's scary good when he's healthy. But the Yanks pen and Mariano make the difference in the long run.

Well Myles here we are 5 months after predictions and Yankees have their backs to the wall and the Phillies haven't figured out the Giants pitching staff yet. A Texas Giants series would be interesting but as much as I am a Giants fan
Texas just looks too good especially with Lee on the mound

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
We're very lucky to share season tickets with three other families, one of whom has excellent connections with the team. We bought world series tickets on Monday based on faith. The deal is -- if the Giants don't go to the series, they refund the money. I don't want to jinx anything, but after tonight's game, it's looking pretty good.

What a great game tonight!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I frequent the SF Bay area, and it's good to see the Giants in the WS after such a long time. Hope they win it all. And I hope the 49ers someday bring back the glory that was once there in the 80s. Golden State Warriors? Still years away from anything serious.

Steve Williams

Giants win World Series !!!!!

If someone told me at the start of the baseball season that San Francisco would not only be in the World Series but win the World Series I would wonder what they were smoking.

Congrats to our team. Our pitching was just too good for Texas.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I thing Texas had a little stage fright also.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congrats to the Giants, I'm happy for the city! Finally!!!!

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Very cool win. However, I had tickets to games 6 and 7. They won too quickly!

But seriously, I agree with Steve, this team snuck up on us, which makes the WS win that much sweeter.

To me, it was really east to enjoy because there were no pre-season expectations, so the more they won, the more it felt like they were playing with house money.

They are a fun team to watch because the team isn't built around one big superstar, but they have guys who alternate and step up at different times, winning truly as a team effort.

And, of course, there's the pitching.

Lincecum and Cain are great pitchers, but man did they ever come through in clutch time.

And Baumgarner -- this is a 21 year old kid!

Just can't say enough about this team.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And what about this 'rookie' Buster Posey. He looks anything but a 'buster' to me. LOL. What a hitter with such a small frame but a big heart to win. Now, who would like to predict the the 49'ers would win the Super Bowl next year? LOL

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
MLB playoffs is near. I can't believe how the Red Sox over the last 2 weeks, has blown a 7 or 8 game lead over Tampa Bay for the wildcard slot. Are the Yanks and Phillies going to the WS?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing