I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

Thanks Fella's. This turntable has really closed the gap between LP and RTR Tape. The bass, dynamics, the ambience, the air. I'm floored. I feel bad for my other TT's....they may be collecting more dust...

That's great stuff, Christian. I understand the comment about the other tables collecting dust. Given my own circumstances, Iv'e always had to allocate my resources for audio in an efficient way, so if I faced your circumstances with three turntables, I would choose to sell the other two tables and arms to some lucky new owners and use those funds to experiment with multiple arms/cartridges on the new AS2000. There are people out there who would love to own either of your other turntables. You would free up some space, not have to move unused gear to your new house, and you could try something like the SAT, the AirTight Opus, or whatever combination interests you.

That is my UNsolicited opinion. Hope that I am not out of line making suggestions to you. I am incredibly envious and look forward to future reports.

Tang, you already are in front of me! (David cannot deliver mine until I have an inhabitable house.)

That's great stuff, Christian. I understand the comment about the other tables collecting dust. Given my own circumstances, Iv'e always had to allocate my resources for audio in an efficient way, so if I faced your circumstances with three turntables, I would choose to sell the other two tables and arms to some lucky new owners and use those funds to experiment with multiple arms/cartridges on the new AS2000. There are people out there who would love to own either of your other turntables. You would free up some space, not have to move unused gear to your new house, and you could try something like the SAT, the AirTight Opus, or whatever combination interests you.

That is my UNsolicited opinion. Hope that I am not out of line making suggestions to you. I am incredibly envious and look forward to future reports.

Very well said Peter. Thanks. My new room has been inspected by David and it passed with flying colors. It will now be in this room with 30' ceiling. Here is a picture from the real estate listing. The room is currently empty. This is the room David said I MUST use....:D No more basement dungeon with 9' ceilings.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 255
Very well said Peter. Thanks. My new room has been inspected by David and it passed with flying colors. It will now be in this room with 30' ceiling. Here is a picture from the real estate listing. The room is currently empty. This is the room David said I MUST use....:D No more basement dungeon with 9' ceilings.

Are you buying horns like David has now;) Nice new place you have there. The wood for sound would be an added bonus if you ask me.

That’s a very nice space.
What kind of building is it? Barn etc?
Is it a new build or existing renovation?
Christian, how are you heating it? We find our 35x30x20 Chapel main space pretty challenging.

That’s a very nice space.
What kind of building is it? Barn etc?
Is it a new build or existing renovation?
Christian, how are you heating it? We find our 35x30x20 Chapel main space pretty challenging.

The room has in floor radiant hot water heat and some hot water forced air to supplement. The home was built in 2004. Post and beam construction. Right now...when it's below freezing out and the sun comes out...the room naturally heats to 74 while the hot water thermostat is set at 63 degrees F. No heating challenge or drafts what so ever.

Christian, that is a beautiful space.

I love the ultra-high ceilings!

spectacular!! stunning room really. congrats Christian.

what a great spot to listen......and just hang out.

how complicated will it be to protect your gear from the sun? what direction does that tall window-wall face?

spectacular!! stunning room really. congrats Christian.

what a great spot to listen......and just hang out.

how complicated will it be to protect your gear from the sun? what direction does that tall window-wall face?

Sun all day coming through those windows..southern exposure. The speakers will be shooting from that side with the gear in the right corner. I can easily put some cell shades to keep sun off the gear racks.

PLus not many parallel walls , those irregular angled ceilings /walls break the sound waves more naturally , the walls are quite irregular ,kinda natural diffussors , should be an enourmous step up from the dungeon lol .
I myself am quite possibly moving to brussels for a new job soon , got my eyes on a 1900 s appartment with high ceilings ;)

Thanks Ron. I’m so happy I brought David up to see the space and recommend against the basement cave.

Sounds like you and David are having a fantastic time. Aren't you the only AS2000 buyer who did not actually visit David beforehand to hear his system? It will be interesting to learn how or if your system evolves in the new house. Are you contemplating any more major component changes? Tubes instead of your massive Pass XS for instance?

Have you asked David to de-tweak your system and has he made any other suggestions? How does he like the Ferraris?

Sounds like you and David are having a fantastic time. Aren't you the only AS2000 buyer who did not actually visit David beforehand to hear his system? It will be interesting to learn how or if your system evolves in the new house. Are you contemplating any more major component changes? Tubes instead of your massive Pass XS for instance?

Have you asked David to de-tweak your system and has he made any other suggestions? How does he like the Ferraris?

Yes...bought it sight and sound unseen. Pics of AS1000 only. A leap of faith perhaps ? I’m completely blown away. Mounting a 3rd arm...12” Phantom Supreme with my Lyra Olympos SL mono cart. David is installing the arm board without interruption of the music being picked up by another arm. That’s how rock solid this thing is.

No gear changes contemplated for now. David would love to see some horns and Lamm power. For now I’m happy with Pass XS and tube sources where possible.

David has pulled most stillpoints except under PS’s, speakers. Entreq....literally ripped from the sockets lol. As you know...he is the Anti-tweak !!!! ;)

Yes...bought it sight and sound unseen. Pics of AS1000 only. A leap of faith perhaps ? I’m completely blown away. Mounting a 3rd arm...12” Phantom Supreme with my Lyra Olympos SL mono cart. David is installing the arm board without interruption of the music being picked up by another arm. That’s how rock solid this thing is.

No gear changes contemplated for now. David would love to see some horns and Lamm power. For now I’m happy with Pass XS and tube sources where possible.

David has pulled most stillpoints except under PS’s, speakers. Entreq....literally ripped from the sockets lol. As you know...he is the Anti-tweak !!!! ;)

make sure he get's all that 'Alpha Dog' stuff out of his system at your place. here I will have (Les Nessman) lines on the floor for where he can mess with stuff.:rolleyes:

just kidding.:p

my system and approach is a combination of lots of feedback and my own conclusions too. and I have an enormous amount of respect for David's intuition and experience. no doubt he will leave his imprint on my system when all is said and done.

or not.

make sure he get's all that 'Alpha Dog' stuff out of his system at your place. here I will have (Les Nessman) lines on the floor for where he can mess with stuff.:rolleyes:

just kidding.:p

my system and approach is a combination of lots of feedback and my own conclusions too. and I have an enormous amount of respect for David's intuition and experience. no doubt he will leave his imprint on my system when all is said and done.

or not.

That is funny Mike. Tweaks are a personal thing. I’m always open to try new things. I will be plugging the Entreqs back in although I’m not confident in what exactly what they are doing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing