Hardcore contemporary classical music

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Apparently @Al M. is into new release Hardcore contemporary classical music.

I have heard of and listened to plenty of musical genres, but this is a new one :p I do luv Bohren & Der Club Of Gore, but that is more what they call "doom ridden jazz music".

C'mon Al. Here is your chance to educate myself and many others as personally I luv new styles of music.

rando

Sep 22, 2019

Reactions: XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
The Necks | In Session at Sydney Opera House (youtube.com)

An interesting challenge despite the thinly veiled jibe. Dear XV-1 I for one offer support to you both during the conflict.

The above work transcends the debate over differences in my opinion.

Kindest regards,G.

The Necks are a fine band. I have a couple of their albums, Vertigo and Unfold from memory.
The Utzon Room is a wonderful small space to see live performances.
Funny, I also have the album of the band that Chris Abrahams first set up when in Sydney - The Sparklers. Very difficult to the Necks thou.

Luvely music, but the Necks are not hard-core anything. Nice jazz with a bit of freestyle thrown in.

Not sure if you know Oren Ambarchi - amazing experimental music. If you don't, check him out.

At the moment Al M is wearing the thin veil - hopefully he can take it off and join in the discussion with his Hardcore contemporary classical music. :p

Reactions: zerostargeneral

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Same guy?

Not much on him. Sounds pretty cool, although not sure how much harpsichord I would be able to listen to long term.

This music is classified as hardcore? Hmmm

Reactions: zerostargeneral

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Same guy?

Not much on him. Sounds pretty cool, although not sure how much harpsichord I would be able to listen to long term.

This music is classified as hardcore? Hmmm

Yes, same guy. Hardly representative of the album I (re)posted.

With regards to making an enlightened approximation of a term I found vexing. That fell within the formalized structure of Classical. It escaped notice response contained a digital only release.

Luvely music, but the Necks are not hard-core anything. Nice jazz with a bit of freestyle thrown in.

Employing musical language attesting seamless mends in a different time than renting the fabric of life's tapestry compresses.

Your question was on a shattered thread. ;)

Reactions: XV-1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing