Falling Skies-The Official Trailer

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I love these themes, specially if done by Spielberg. Unfortunately, over here, these kinds of series come in late on our cable networks if at all, so we have to wait till there are like 20 episodes are done and the DVD released to get a glimpse.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Anyone watching this series? Is it good?

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Watching the series...so far. It is a little bit slow and I find the plot development to be somewhat tedious.....clearly Spielberg and the director's are trying to spin the plot out over many episodes, which, IMO results in a less than satisfying result. Some of the sub-plots are also fairly inane. The actress that plays the Doctor is fairly lifeless, along with a few other character's that seem to have been inserted in order to provide fodder for the aliens.
Probably will give up on this one unless it begins to move a little quicker.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Watching the series...so far. It is a little bit slow and I find the plot development to be somewhat tedious.....clearly Spielberg and the director's are trying to spin the plot out over many episodes, which, IMO results in a less than satisfying result. Some of the sub-plots are also fairly inane. The actress that plays the Doctor is fairly lifeless, along with a few other character's that seem to have been inserted in order to provide fodder for the aliens.

Thanks for the feedback, Davey. Hope the next episodes get better. We're still a bit behind in terms of TV series here, so I haven't seen it yet.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

+1 :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well, somebody posted the first 2 episodes on youtube, splicing it into several 10 minute parts. I have seen probably 30 minutes of it and indeed it's a bit slow moving. The aliens appearing are still stingy in minutes but I noticed they can beam lights and shoot from their bodies. Other than that, nothing seems to be exciting yet.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Past episodes are available on the TNT web site ... HERE ... So far not so great IMO ... maybe this will improve .. my hopes are not high.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw the premiere episodes. And indeed as pointed out, it's a bit slow, lots of talking for an action/thriller. I hope it gets better, as the trailers have shown us a bit of excitement. Btw, the Doctor, Moon Bloodgood, was a former member of the Laker girls and appeared in Terminator Salvation. First time to see her in action here. :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Yeah, I'm on the same frequency :) I liked V better!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Saw the premiere episodes. And indeed as pointed out, it's a bit slow, lots of talking for an action/thriller. I hope it gets better, as the trailers have shown us a bit of excitement. Btw, the Doctor, Moon Bloodgood, was a former member of the Laker girls and appeared in Terminator Salvation. First time to see her in action here. :)

Phil

You never cease to amaze me with your basketball knowledge.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil

You never cease to amaze me with your basketball knowledge.

Thanks Steve. I hope to dig up some hot star who was a Celtics Cheerleader someday. ;)

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The real reason Aliens are always trying to invade Earth

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The real reason Aliens are always trying to invade Earth

Jack,

Now, that makes me regret all the more why I didn't make that extra trip to Boston in the times when I was in NYC. BTW, the green Tees are quite used to the max by the Celtic girls, and...nice boots too. ;)

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I think the series is OK so far -- passable summer pulp fun. But it ain't no Battlestar Galactica which had a similar survival story -- none of the urgency, momentum, frequent major plot twists, and character definition. It's the latter that I'm most surprised about -- a lot of faces on FS but only a couple of characters feel sharply delineated. AFAIC, BSG was the most gutsy and compelling show I've seen in the last 10 years at least -- till the end it retained its capacity to surprise.

And Chicago has the Luvabulls. But if the Laker girls aren't the best in the league what's the point of LA? :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing