The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 5 - Official Trailer | Prime Video

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This show also aired its series finale this past week. I have to admit that the first few seasons were drop dead hysterical and had us glued to our seats waiting for her next comedy routine.

As most shows do in a final season, this one was no exception The season was a hodge hodge of flashbacks and flash forwards as the writers were looking for some way to wrap this series up and bring it to fruition. Many if not most of the episodes were void of the blood curdling hysterical laughs of previous seasons. In fact many of this seasons 9 episodes just weren't funny. Episode 9 , the finale was the longest episode of the entire series as we were bounced back and forth in time that occasionally I forgot what decade we were in. The show was meant to span the last 50 years of her life and her manager Suzy . It all boiled down to how Midge finally got her big break on the Gordon Ford show (a knock off of Johnny Carson) and how they lived their lives in opulence and luxury. They remained best friends their entire lives. There were just too many front, back and side stories to absorb in this season that for me, although I smiled when it was over, I am glad they ended it as the writers simply didn't know which direction the show should take. I thought the cast in the show all 5 seasons was superb

Reactions: still-one

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I’m going to miss the series. As Steve noted this last season wasn’t as funny as the first two, but I still enjoyed how they handled all of the open issues. They were able fill in a lot of the back story for many of the characters and we were able to see how both Midge and Susie got their big breaks.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I’m going to miss the series. As Steve noted this last season wasn’t as funny as the first two, but I still enjoyed how they handled all of the open issues. They were able fill in a lot of the back story for many of the characters and we were able to see how both Midge and Susie got their big breaks.
Susie’s big break was Midges big break

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I liked that show. I don't want to watch the spoiler. I guess I need to dig through the last season.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing