What's Spinning Tonight?

mecqj.jpg

Magnolia Electric Co.: Fading Trails (Vinyl)

Just found out after playing the record that Jason Molina died Saturday night. He was only 39...

David Oistrakh*, Philadelphia Orchestra, The?– Sibelius Concerto In D, Op. 47
Columbia Masterworks ?– MS6157
I was blessed to find a sealed copy from 1959 still in the bag recently. The horror collectors must of felt to see the bag unsealed and the 53 year old time capsule opened. It sounds incredible. Excellent violin performance. It is a dead quiet pressing.

Attachments

• IMG_5282.jpg
    IMG_5282.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 68
tapp.jpg

The Alan Parsons Project: The Turn of a Friendly Card
Got the original 1979 LP in good condition for $5. Very good SQ.

Clipboard01.jpg

This Capitol two-record set is an excellent reissue. The pressings are perfect.

I have to admit that I prefer the controversial interpretations of Alexander Markov to the more traditional ones of Rabin, however. Unfortunately, those aren't available on vinyl.

Just this one;

lcatc.jpg

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions: Rattlesnakes
(1984 Polydor Vinyl)

And now this;

55270503.jpg

Tanita Tikaram: Ancient Heart
(1988 WEA Vinyl)

Just this one;

lcatc.jpg

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions: Rattlesnakes
(1984 Polydor Vinyl)

And now this;

55270503.jpg

Tanita Tikaram: Ancient Heart
(1988 WEA Vinyl)

My friend's brother was a friend of Lloyd. Lloyd seemed to mistake my friend for his brother at times. Also, I had a flat mate who holidayed with the base player during their younger times. In any case, Rattlesnakes was good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing