What Elliot is listening too today

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have had a lot of requests about my playlist and to be honest that is a pain in the butt so I have decided to start a thread and I will post what I am listening to at the time but only if I like it. This will change with my musical tastes at the moment and I will ONLY post what is available via Qobuz and Tidal as to make tses easy access for anyone on WBF.
I am going to post the Album details and not particular cuts but if post it there are some great sounding cuts on the album.
Enjoy

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I am in a Blues mood this Friday and herby suggest the following few:
1).Keith Richards- Blues this album has some of the best players alive including Steve Jordan Chuck Leavell, Johnie Johnson, Bobby Keyes, Mick Taylor, Waddy Wachtel and Ivan Neville and more. If you like funky blues piano let this one rip.( Marty try this and turn it up)

2). Blues Traveler- Traveler's Blues - John Popper and his Harmonica and some other cool stuff

3).Robert Cray - Sweet Potato Pie I'm a huge Cray fan this is only one of his terrific compilations and if you like this try "Midnight Stroll" and "Strong Persuader" as well

That's the first post but I plan on trying to do this a few times a week as I do my listening sessions
Enjoy

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Last evenings listening still on the blues kick
Robben Ford and the Blue Line - Live at Yoshi's 96
Tinsley Ellis - Devil May Care

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Stumbled across this track this am , thank you Qobuz
Sam Smith Live at Abbey Road Studios "Lay me down"
Beautiful , goose bumps

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Did a few acoustics adjustments to my room and after I like to listen to voices to see what happened
Started with
Rodrigo y Gabriela Street fighter Mas ( not a vocal recording but its fun)

James Blake Famous Last Words from Friends that Break your heart
Then transitioned to some mellower things

Willie Nelson - to all the girls ( one of my favorite albums)
Have you ever seen the Rain
Far away Places
No Mas Amor
Back to Earth

Then a little Rosanne Cash and John Leventhal The Killing Fields
and then to finish up
Marc Cohen and Blind Boys of Alabama - album called work to do

Enjoy

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
rainy dreary afternoon yesterday so a good day for some classical
Jose Serebriar and the London philharmonic- Scheherazade ,
YoYo Ma JS Bach the unaccompanied cello suites complete - Suite 1 in G major
The Pecheurs de perles- Johannes Wildner Symfonickyorchester Slovenskeho

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Yesterday I installed the new Nordost Qnet network switch and replaced the high end industrial one i was using. I liked it. I want to listen more today now that it has been plugged in overnight. Its nicely packaged, and looks and feels very well made.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I've been lazy lately and haven't really kept up with this but this suggestion gets a really big recommendation

Larry Carlton and Robben Ford Unplugged - this is about as live as it gets .

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Today I took down the Noblesse and reset up the Divin Marquis for a client that is flying in from NYC. I love this speaker, I really adore it. They are truly wonderful to get lost listening too and they are not really difficult to set up, at least after I have done a few, and they work incredibly well in my sound room.
I highly recommend listening to Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel's Parsley , Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme recorded by a friend and a true master Roy Halee. I am a big fan of their music, and Paul's solo stuff and have spent a lot of time listening to their lacquers from Graceland back in my Lyric days. I followed that today with Rhythm of the Saints and it was just a special afternoon.
Highly recommended

Reactions: ashandger

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Of one more thing this is over 50 years old I believe

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Hello Elliot, just in case you haven't listened to Paul Simon's album Live in New York City, 2011, highly recommend this album and the version of Dazzling Blue is just brilliant and a great test track that I often use. Enjoy and thanks for sharing your suggestions.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hello Elliot, just in case you haven't listened to Paul Simon's album Live in New York City, 2011, highly recommend this album and the version of Dazzling Blue is just brilliant and a great test track that I often use. Enjoy and thanks for sharing your suggestions.
I love his stuff and go way back. Roy Halee was a client and a friend so I have a dep connection to all Paul's stuff. I'm a huge Rhythm of the Saints guy. I just hadn't listened to PSRT in a while and it blew me away yesterday. Simple recording and sounds wonderful.
Enjoy and thanks I will check that cut out.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
My wife and I are also HUGE fans and Roy Halee is such a genius. In case you haven't seen the documentary on making of Graceland then definitely try and get the DVD of it. Enjoy!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
My wife and I are also HUGE fans and Roy Halee is such a genius. In case you haven't seen the documentary on making of Graceland then definitely try and get the DVD of it. Enjoy!
I haven't but I lived it with almost everyday new lacquers back in the day

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
after returning from Munich and having some time to incorporate a few things I have learned for enhancing my system I am just freeking super happy with where the system is now and what 4 small changes ( no gear) have brought to my room.
I am still awating my next 10 series preamp and I am still using just an L1 FYI, with a 10 series amp, Wadax System and a few Nordost toys with Gobel Divin Marquis and Goebl Cables.
I just finsished listening to Eiji Oue and the Minnesota play Pictures at an Exhibition . I know this is a good recording but I have never heard it like today. I brought a few friends over who have listen many times here and we all sat in utter silence all the way through and at the end they applauded.
Pretty F-in awesome

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Liked this album I found yesterday
Triosense- Guilia

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Spent the last tow days listening and doing some more small adjustments. I saw the new Porcupine Tree album was available on Qobuz. P/t C/C
When I was young we called this head music and then it became Progressive rock. With influences of some great 70's bands like Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Yes, earl;y Genesis, King Crimson and others this album is not for the feint of heart and it does rock . If you aren't familiar with Gavin Harrison he is another of the world's great drummers and this album truly is a showcase for his talents. He joins Danny Carey ( tool) as two amazing players of the younger generation.
Try Harridan/Walk the plank/Chimera's wreck and buckle up buttercup its a fun ride you will take.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing