What cars are you looking forward to?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
back to the more modest ATS-V/M discussion, the one thing I've thought about is that the Caddy might not be a design that wears well. in 3-4 years, it may not be a classic like my current S5 (which still gets many comments despite its age).

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Dropped by MB to order tires for my GL. The AMG GTS looks grrrrrrreaaaattt.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
On the lower end of things, when is Subaru going to put out a WRX/STi hatchback again!?

The new car is great but I want a hatchback!

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Just got back from the ATS-V test drive- this is a performance monster. It really is - from the awesome Recaros to the chassis to the suspension. My Porsche friend drove it and was shocked how good it was. I think the V's problems are otherwise - viewing it from a number of angles in the flesh and in several colors, it just doesn't have a "sexy" factor to it. I also found the interior puzzling - the CF didn't seem like great quality as it should. Cadillac's own ELR has a wonderful interior (and exterior) so this was disappointing.

Overall, if you're a driver first and foremost and love to head to the track, hard to beat the V. I have no doubt it will go head to head with an M4 if not outperform it. The chassis and steering could be the best outside of a P car with a suspension that is to die for. Since I don't value/require that level of performance in LA, its just not a car for me.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I dont think there is anything modern that approximates muscle , muscle was just raw power , no handling , no braking , no safety , no nothing really... just cool to own , cool to drive

This describes perfectly my replica 1965 Shelby Cobra 427SC. With no top whatsoever it had a 430 hp engine pulling 2600 pounds. It had no catalytic converter (I got special dispensation from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles) and no muffler. The brakes on it were terrible.

The vibration from the engine was so ferocious it would set off the motion detector alarms in parked cars as I drove down Second Avenue in Manhattan. (I am not exaggerating.)

Sadly, that kit car broke down one out of every four drives, which took almost all of the fun out of having it.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Did you see it in the matte color?

It was a gloss gray metallic with tobacco leather. I've never been that into mattes and frosts to be honest. I like good clear coats because I love seeing how the colors change along with changing light. Looking is never the same way twice, just like listening to songs we think we already know by heart :)

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
I like cars with lots of knobs and dials and settings and user manuals as thick as telephone books..oh and large displacement and tons of power too please..kinda matches my choice in hifi

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
This describes perfectly my replica 1965 Shelby Cobra 427SC. With no top whatsoever it had a 430 hp engine pulling 2600 pounds. It had no catalytic converter (I got special dispensation from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles) and no muffler. The brakes on it were terrible.

The vibration from the engine was so ferocious it would set off the motion detector alarms in parked cars as I drove down Second Avenue in Manhattan. (I am not exaggerating.)

Sadly, that kit car broke down one out of every four drives, which took almost all of the fun out of having it.

Years ago I had a Datsun 240Z with a 400 HP Ford 302 with a borg-warner 5-sp manual transmission from a Mustang. The chassis and brakes were absolutely NOT up to the task, one day the rear end slid around on some sand/gravel that was on the road and the car high-centered on the edge of the road which bent-up the chassis under the car and the car was no more... Only accident I've ever been in, knock on wood... I was young then :)

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..got a 228i with M sport pkg...just put my name on the list for 2017 M2

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing