What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

rando

Sep 22, 2019
My Kyocera CD player is conventional, so I will have to get the Hybrid SACD version of this it would appear. LINN Records...right?
I like Chopin’s music ...but have a friend who is a ‘fanatic’ about Frederic Chopin maybe ...maybe ...more than I am obsessed with the magic of Mozart... so I guess I am going to have to order two copies of your great post. BTW ... I believe I should have given you 2 “likes” ... I mean ‘ riding your road bike in a snow blizzard. ‘ Good stuff. I am certain Egan Bernal and Geraint Thomas would concur!

Yes, it is a dual layer MCH SACD. You can buy a stereo download direct from Linn if that is preferable. I hope you and your friend will highly enjoy it.

Thank you for the compliment. I'm pretty sure the requisite amount of brown adipose tissue, anything but absolutely necessary fat, is too heavy for the UCI road pros doing Grand Tours. "Rando" is a somewhat mocking play on randonneuse (female equivalent of a randonneur) too richly humorous for properly explaining here. Having high spirits for heading out as if for a picnic in conditions other failed to enjoy played a part. One of the best current female road pros once commented it looked like I was wearing a tuxedo after being out in cold rain all day.

Back to music and Mozart.

Folder.jpg

Manesp

Oct 25, 2018
Yes, it is a dual layer MCH SACD. You can buy a stereo download direct from Linn if that is preferable. I hope you and your friend will highly enjoy it.

Thank you for the compliment. I'm pretty sure the requisite amount of brown adipose tissue, anything but absolutely necessary fat, is too heavy for the UCI road pros doing Grand Tours. "Rando" is a somewhat mocking play on randonneuse (female equivalent of a randonneur) too richly humorous for properly explaining here. Having high spirits for heading out as if for a picnic in conditions other failed to enjoy played a part. One of the best current female road pros once commented it looked like I was wearing a tuxedo after being out in cold rain all day.

Back to music and Mozart.

View attachment 57792
Jascha Heifetz and Yehudi Menuhin ( & the subsequent Sir Yehudi Menuhin) I am sure would agree with you: back to music and to Mozart...

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: NorthStar

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
Though I became a Mahlerite way back in 1972 at age 14 and have traveled far and wide in my musical journeys, the sense of having arrived at a place of profound peace that is reached in the last movement of this symphony still raises big time goose bumps.

This is a fabulous recording.

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
Revisiting this remarkable recording this morning - -

Manesp

Oct 25, 2018
'It's Five O'Clock ( ...okay, a little after...) Somewhere' ...so that could mean it might be an excellent time for some Jascha Heifetz ...and David Oistrakh. Just saying.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Manesp

Oct 25, 2018
A gift from a friend ( in a faraway country), just opened yesterday. image.jpeg

Wow...Ravel's Piano Concerto No.2 in D major ( for left hand) just knocks me out. Simple to grasp, maybe, when you frame it against Ravel's training vis-a-vis Gabriel Faure ( Dolly Suite, Op.56 and its 1 Piano, 4 Hands (duet)).

image.jpeg

Reactions: NorthStar and rando

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015

Reactions: Manesp

andolink

Jul 28, 2016

Reactions: rando

rando

Sep 22, 2019
...my own feeling is that contemporary classical music — for want of a better term — has, for my taste, gotten too far away from folk music. You know, Haydn wrote the Austrian National Anthem. It’s very hard to imagine Elliott Carter doing the same for this country.
- Peter Schickele

Wasn't sure about my first choice (Earl Wild's "Variations on an American Theme" Chesky") qualifying. This thematically related disc should.

CRW_2189.jpg

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
I constantly get an "Oops, we ran into a problem" error message. Does that happen to anyone else?

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Today I wasn't much active so I dit not experience any issue.
But couple days ago yes, and I reported it too. That was a first for me, a Fatal error was displayed few times (perhaps a dozen times total) while trying to access the site. I took couple snapshots and posted them.

And recently too, about a week ago I was logged out few times (@ least twice) in few days for some unusual glitch. Those I didn't report them, thinking it's no big deal and others didn't report them either.

So I'm only sharing now because of what you just mentioned. Other than that life is perfect, its usual course ...

I'm not worry about glitches here and there, I'm not worry about anything.
I do like to help and let know the web designer; that's the least I can do to my audiophile community. And that's why they have few threads to share our suggestions and issues we encountered for.

Keep on listening ... to beautiful classical music, in good times as in lesser good times. It makes it all good all the time. :)

Reactions: Manesp

Manesp

Oct 25, 2018
Today I wasn't much active so I dit not experience any issue.
But couple days ago yes, and I reported it too. That was a first for me, a Fatal error was displayed few times (perhaps a dozen times total) while trying to access the site. I took couple snapshots and posted them.

And recently too, about a week ago I was logged out few times (@ least twice) in few days for some unusual glitch. Those I didn't report them, thinking it's no big deal and others didn't report them either.

So I'm only sharing now because of what you just mentioned. Other than that life is perfect, its usual course ...

I'm not worry about glitches here and there, I'm not worry about anything.
I do like to help and let know the web designer; that's the least I can do to my audiophile community. And that's why they have few threads to share our suggestions and issues we encountered for.

Keep on listening ... to beautiful classical music, in good times as in lesser good times. It makes it all good all the time. :)

I would be remiss if I did not mention I look forward to your posts on this venue. IMHO your passion for the Classical Music piece speaks for itself ... just as somebody else many ...many moons ago mentioned:

‘I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.’
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
Pierre Boulez: Structures for two pianos -- Book II
Pierre-Laurent Aimard & Florent Boffard, pianos

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
Wolfgang Rihm: String Quartet No. 5
Arditti Quartet

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
I highly recommend this if you're the least bit inclined - -

Reactions: accwai

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing