'Warm Your Heart' Aaron Neville, 45rpm vinyl from ORG---wow!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
just got this one yesterday from Acoustic Sounds, and just openned it and started listening. i've only listened to side 1 of 4 so far......but wow and double wow! this is one really sweet listen.

i've had the 45rpm single disc with 3 cuts from Classic Records for 8-9 years, so i knew how good this recording was, but my favorite cuts were not on that teaser. especially 'Everybody Plays the Fool' which has been a reference cut for me on redbook for over 10 years. i've listened to the openning 30 seconds on that cut maybe 1000 times testing gear. but hearing it on the 45 i realize i've never really 'heard' it before.

i also love 'Somewhere, Somebody', which is just an amazing cut.

anyway; even if you are not a huge Aaron Neville fan (hard to believe but maybe someone) you gotta get this record.

quiet surfaces, huge soundstage, great bass and detail, great vocals, sweet tone.

i'm now almost finished with side 2, and this record has it all. every instrument is full and well recorded. the background vocals are distinct and powerful.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/84732/Aaron_Neville-Warm_Your_Heart-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Comparable to the original ?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Comparable to the original ?

i do also have the Classic Records 33 rpm pressing, which while good, is not close to the 45 in terms of energy, detail and realism. the 45 comes alive and soars.

nothing wrong with the 33 at all. it's not noisey or opaque or anything. but this recording is good enough to get the full benefit of the 45 treatment.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Looks like its a winner. Will lay my hand on it soon

mep

Apr 20, 2010
just got this one yesterday from Acoustic Sounds, and just openned it and started listening. i've only listened to side 1 of 4 so far......but wow and double wow! this is one really sweet listen.

i've had the 45rpm single disc with 3 cuts from Classic Records for 8-9 years, so i knew how good this recording was, but my favorite cuts were not on that teaser. especially 'Everybody Plays the Fool' which has been a reference cut for me on redbook for over 10 years. i've listened to the openning 30 seconds on that cut maybe 1000 times testing gear. but hearing it on the 45 i realize i've never really 'heard' it before.

i also love 'Somewhere, Somebody', which is just an amazing cut.

anyway; even if you are not a huge Aaron Neville fan (hard to believe but maybe someone) you gotta get this record.

quiet surfaces, huge soundstage, great bass and detail, great vocals, sweet tone.

i'm now almost finished with side 2, and this record has it all. every instrument is full and well recorded. the background vocals are distinct and powerful.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/84732/Aaron_Neville-Warm_Your_Heart-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record

I just snagged a copy.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I heard "Everybody Plays the Fool" in Mike's room a couple of years ago and was impressed enough to buy the CD and started hunting down copies of the vinyl.

Here's one with good production values, and it's also very reasonable for a 20-year old first pressing. It's a promo with 4 different mixes of Everybody Plays the Fool (including the original LP version). AFAIK the ones coming from UK and US are the same.
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=609662&ev=rb

Just in case you're a crazy collector who buys every different pressing.

trh8654

May 29, 2010
Virginia
i do also have the Classic Records 33 rpm pressing, which while good, is not close to the 45 in terms of energy, detail and realism. the 45 comes alive and soars.

nothing wrong with the 33 at all. it's not noisey or opaque or anything. but this recording is good enough to get the full benefit of the 45 treatment.

Just what I didnt want to hear. Looks like I will order the 45 today.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
My 45 RPM copy showed up this week and I gave Side A a spin last night. It sounds great and I look forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I can't believe I missed this thread and I have to concur with Mike L that this pressing is just WOW! I bought it around the same he did and play it regularly. It never ceases to bring a smile to my face. One of the best pressings I own and highly recommended.

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
I was introduced to this album at the CAF this year. I think this is Aaron Nevilles best work and the ORG 45rpm edition is heavenly.

rich121

Dec 10, 2017
Washington State
I know this is an old thread, but it is the only one on this album I could find.

Has anyone had a problem with noisy vinyl on this title?
I am on my 3rd set of discs (the last 2 replacements) and they are all the same noisy vinyl...wondering if it is the stampers?

It is a lower threshold, but somewhat constant 'hash' of pops...like Rice Krispys... all 4 sides are the same hash on all 3 sets.

This is frustrating... I don't recall any other AP release I have that has this?

rich121

Dec 10, 2017
Washington State
hi Rich, i'll try to remember to pull my copy out tonight and listen again.
Thanks Mike.
I just noticed this thread was for the ORG version, I have the 45rpm AP version.... I may be hunting down the ORG.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
just listened again to side one and side two; still a big fan. surfaces are quiet, and the tone and bass is very fine. Aaron and Linda are both in top form.

can't speak to the AP 45' version, but the ORG is a keeper and everything great pop vocals can be. of course, you are always welcome to stop by next time you pass my exit and hear it. :)

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
I don‘t own the Classic, which is nowadays not easy to purchase. But I own the ORG and AP.. both are great records and a no brainer purchase. The AP has a bit better pressing QRP. The ORG is a bit fresher, but the pressing is a bit noisier (RTI?).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing