"Fausto Mesolella-Madama Terra"--Fone---wow!!!

Gunther Kurten, owner of Thorens played "Anima" from the Canto Stefano LP for me on the new Thorens 140'th Anniversary, Reference turntable. Notably, Gunther used the Thiele TA-01 tonearm to play all the records, fitted with an Ortofon "Virtuoso" cartridge.

Fausto Mesolella’s Anima from his album Canto Stefano features guitarist and singer Fausto Mesolella performing 12 songs composed by Italian writer and poet Stefano Benni. Giulio Cesare Ricci used tube electronics for this pristine sounding, analogue recording. This album has no editing, all the tracks on this record are heard as they were performed.
Fausto Mesolella: vocals, bass & guitar - Mimì Ciaramella: drums
Ferdinando Ghidelli: pedal steel guitar - Almerigo Pota: flugelhorn.
Album available on LP (limited edition of 500) and SACD on Foné.

I played "Anima" over the weekend at THE Show in Costa Mesa - stunning. is as effective a word as any to describe this song. I will definitely look out for more Fausto Mesolella LPs.
Sorry it took a while, but here is a link to a high rez video that I shot in the Thorens cabin - our presenter is Gunther himself, who played a terrific selection of music. Being a QUAD ESL57 owner myself, I was most impressed with the airiness, clarity & speed of the new Thorens speakers - an open baffle, dipole design.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing