Wardsweb Home Theater

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Here is my home theater. I'm working on the drop down screen and projector now. In the mean time, Martin Logan Prodigy speakers
SST Ampzilla 2000 mono block amps (mains)
Carver Silver 7t mono block amps (sub)
OPPO BDP-83 universal player
Samsung LN52A750 TV
Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver
Martin Logan Cinema center channel
Danley Sound Labs DTS-10 Subwoofer

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Your sub is not large enough! And your room is VERY nice!

Well I use to two BassMaxx B1 sub horns that each held a McCauley 18" 6174 ultra sub. Each cabinet was about 4 feet by 4 feet and 22 inches wide. They could make your hair vibrate. I thought it was cool. My wife thought it was too much. I guess you can tell who won that one.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Way cool to see some fellow Martin Logan owners here.:) I have to say that your system looks amazing! Excellent presentation! The whole look is neat and clean.

Seth

Thank you - as you can tell, esthetics are important to me and I lean more towards symmetry. This has been a system in transistion and evolution for a decade. While I am very happy with this, I won't go as far as saying it is done. I don't know if any of my system are ever finished. I may keep one static for years but eventually something comes along that I have to have. What can I say? I love the journey.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
I'm trying something a little different. The Martin Logans have moved to another room for 2-channel duty. I just setup these custom mahogany Klipsch Julibee speakers. I still need to hookup the EV DX-38 to run them active. The big solid state amps will drive the bass bins and I'll use tubes on the horns.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
The Danley DTS-10 subhorn is now on the other side of the wall. It fires into the room from behind the curtain. I still run it -10dB to keep from shaking all the windows in the entire house.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
OH MAMA!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the ride indeed!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Happy birthday Sir! Enjoy that great system of yours (beautiful pics) at some point today.
John

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Time for an updated pic. I made grills for the bass bins. They are held on with magnets.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing