Wanted to register at AVShowroomForums because of Myles & mep......

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
....but my email was banned. (shook head). I wasn't surprised as I heard some members would be. But c'mon....me? I'm like the smallest cog in the audiophile world and surely have no impact on any of the discussions. I could have found another way, but I don't want to go anywhere I'm not wanted.

Oh, in case anyone wants to know, I like Myles and mep and miss their participation here and would like to stay in touch with them.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hi John, I'm sorry to hear of this but it *may* be that the IP was banned due to a spammer. I would try reaching out to the admin's to see if this was the case. It would be great if everybody just got along and we all could enjoy there presence once again but at the end of the day, it was their decision.

Tom

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi Tom, it's no biggie really. I talk to Myles on FB, so I might ask him...we'll see.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The more I thought about it, the more I think something else is amiss. Nobody on this forum has the authority (or need) to ban anyone wanting to join unless they are a spammer. Something must have either been overlooked or perhaps their new member profiling differs from ours. I see no reason why a forum that big would ban an email addy based upon any activity experienced on another forum. I'm sure it will all be settled with a good outcome. Please tell them both that they are missed, if you would be so kind. Thanks man.

Tom

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The more I thought about it, the more I think something else is amiss. Nobody on this forum has the authority (or need) to ban anyone wanting to join unless they are a spammer. Something must have either been overlooked or perhaps their new member profiling differs from ours. I see no reason why a forum that big would ban an email addy based upon any activity experienced on another forum. I'm sure it will all be settled with a good outcome. Please tell them both that they are missed, if you would be so kind. Thanks man.

Tom

Ok. Will give it another shot in the next day or so. If unsuccessful I'll contact Myles directly. And yes, I will gladly pass along your comment.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Thanks John. You are a good man. :)

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
We have this problem at a trumpet forum I help moderate. Certain IPs get banned due to spammers by our Internet provider, and in some cases we have banned an IP address that was spoofed and/or used by more than just the targeted individual. We have a couple of 'net-savvy mods who can check IP addresses and try to keep the latter from happening, but... I would reach out to the AVS forum moderators or sysadmin.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
There's rarely much going at AVShowroom forums, for whatever reason. Maybe just too many audiophile bulletin boards and forums these days?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
There's rarely much going at AVShowroom forums, for whatever reason. Maybe just too many audiophile bulletin boards and forums these days?
Indeed. It is a much more crowded place than when we started. It requires an incredible effort to create a new one.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Reason more for John to join in and give it a little boost. :b

I visit occasionally, ...and I feel sad a little inside. ...Just because it is not very active...I have no problem with anyone...to the contrary...a nice bunch of good heart folks over there.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Myles got in touch with me, so he's sorting it out.

But yes, not much traffic over there, however I'm joining because Myles likes to talk music and, as everyone surely knows by now, that is my primary interest. Plus, different boards have different perspectives on some issues, so it's a way for me to learn more about the audio side of things.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The only way to be banned over there is to write something on WBF that Peter Breuninger does not like.

I am glad Myles, whom I like as well, sorted it out for you.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Remember, respect the reviewers, the industry experts!
Haha! I won't be going down that road. I'm more interested in what Myles has to say and what comic relief mep can provide. LOL!

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Yes, that's a very good idea Joe. The all powerful King Peter sent me a specially gilded chaff name tag..along with explicit instructions as to where to put it, err I mean wear it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing