Attachments

• E2B09967-6C94-47AA-9235-53AE65D07FF9.jpeg
    E2B09967-6C94-47AA-9235-53AE65D07FF9.jpeg
    751.9 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: taww

nonesup

Feb 16, 2017
Spain
I'm thinking of putting a Center Stage 1.5 under the Essence amp. Do you know if the feet can be easily removed?

nonesup

Feb 16, 2017
Spain
I have just removed the feet of the Essence Amplifier to place some Center Stage 1.5 and I was very surprised to see that the original feet are plastic, very hard, but plastic. They detract from the superb quality of the rest of the amp.

Low325

May 2, 2021
I have just removed the feet of the Essence Amplifier to place some Center Stage 1.5 and I was very surprised to see that the original feet are plastic, very hard, but plastic. They detract from the superb quality of the rest of the amp.
I did the same for my baby 120. Yeah, they simply plastic with felt on the bottom. Almost like they were designed in mind to be removed. ;).

taww

Jun 13, 2020
New Jersey
taww.co
I seem to recall Rune Skov said default feet were selected via listening tests, so the plastic feet are a deliberate design choice. Given the Essence amp’s slightly leaner (by Gryphon standards) balance I wonder if the chosen feet help balance the sound. By contrast, the preamp has feet in front and spikes in the back.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing