US Anti-Doping Agency charges Armstrong

I think Andy quit because his career had run its course.

Last edited:
It is also worth remembering others driven out of the sport not just cyclists, although there were several cyclists as well.

Cheers
Orb

I think Andy quit because his career had run its course.

Not according to other riders on his team.

And yes, Andy had already made a name for himself at shorter cycling distances and the Olympics by then.

Well it is ironic WADA/USADA/etc is getting on its high horse when Rasmussen also recently came clean about doping for 12 years.
Seems the focus is always on cycling and not the fact that WADA procedures-process has a lot to answer for in its testing record, and how it seems there is more of a cover-up in other sports than cycling.
I appreciate in theory doping could be slightly ahead of the curve, but then WADA is responsible for many high profile money earning sports and so their testing procedure should bloody well be better tbh.

So which high earning sports could one assume is clean....
Definitely not tennis that is for sure.
Cheers
Orb

Tennis? ATP players? Djokovic made a strong rebuke of Lance Armstrong when interviewed in the recently concluded Aussie Open.

we already had Dopey for president..

Tennis? ATP players? Djokovic made a strong rebuke of Lance Armstrong when interviewed in the recently concluded Aussie Open.

Heh in same way LA used to of those found guilty of doping, sorry could not resist :)
Several tennis players in the past have been linked to raids on a few of the Drs/pharmas.
It will be interesting to see if other names eventually are released from operation Puerto, because the Dr involved said all others have been ignored and focus was only the cyclists while he came out publically to say he worked also with footballers and tennis players.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...players-athletes-footballers-and-a-boxer.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...al-athletes-he-treated-in-doping-inquiry.html
Quoting part of the news:
But the judge Julia Santamaria has rejected a plea from the prosecutors to allow the detailed evidence gathered from Fuentes computer files because it would be a breach of privacy. It is believed such evidence includes references to specific sportsmen and women outside of cycling.

Earlier the judge had ruled that the evidence before the trial would be limited to cycling only. This morning the judge ruled that Lance Armstrong's former US Postal team-mate Tyler Hamilton would be allowed to be added to the witness list of 35 cyclists to give evidence to the court
This investigation has been going on for awhile in Spain with the looks of it being a stitch up for cycling (who have been taking action over what has been investigated) and everyone else is good.

Just my take on following this for awhile.
Cheers
Orb

News

---- => http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/st...ver-doping-attorney-says-022013?ocid=ansfox11

-- The power of ideologies is stronger than the ultimate and beneficial truth to the entire human race!
Man will die with its most secretive secrets, and nothing will get out so that we can't live in a better world.

This is a very sad but true reality.

* These words above; they are my own words.

"I am very afraid of our dangerous world, because good men are doing nothing." - Bob

I know personally a lot of pro athletes take PED. Lance was just a dick about it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing