US Anti-Doping Agency charges Armstrong

I follow soccer pretty extensively and never has IOC soccer been considered much of a draw to those that follow it.

Obviously not as much as the World Cup but still a major draw. Besides rightly or wrongly, the Olympics are not geared toward sport fans any more so what you and I think is meaningless :(

Obviously not as much as the World Cup but still a major draw. Besides rightly or wrongly, the Olympics are not geared toward sport fans any more so what you and I think is meaningless :(

Pretty sad statement on things, but I agree.

For Lance this saga is nowhere near the end.

In my journey the closest analogy is child sexual abuse by a family member.Where the those in charge knew or should have known. It is the victim who feels responsible for ripping the family apart. The victim must have done something to cause it and is repsonsible for not stopping it. All the red flags were ignored.The red lags often included repeated accusaitions by the victim. Lance is not a child molester.

Lance was the goose that laid the golden egg. He made billions for those evolved. The TdF became a household phrase in Americna. I don't know that there is anything to learn here. This story has been played out since the beginning o time. Remember the Lion King. How about "Mirror Mmrror on the wall whose the fairest of them all? "All we can do is try to clean up the mess as best we can. Cycling is a sport. Fun but not vital.
One thing cannot be denied. At last I am reasonably sure.
Lance had cancer.
He beat the odds.
He went on with his life.
Others were inspired by that.
That;s a legacy that cannot be denied

I agree with the last part , first of all , dope was in (european )cycling long before lance came to the stage , so to just pick him out as being the worst of them all is simply not correct
Its a competition sport and its certainly not the only sport to have dope involved , a lot of athletes go very far to win and he was one of them .
To put sometings in perspective , why does nobody or any agency go after politicians at least overhere in europe , they lie, screw people rob them of their pensions strip the democratic rights away from them and not a single one of them is brought to court .
Instead these leaches give themselves a nobel prize.

Remember lance was involved in competitive cycling , he wasnt a couch potato , he didnt steal anything , indicted by ahtletes who themselves stood stiff of dope , sounds more like a maffia trial to me , at least lance didnt break the " cycling " omerta

Last edited:
I agree with the last part , first of all , dope was in (european )cycling long before lance came to the stage , so to just pick him out as being the worst of them all is simply not correct
Its a competition sport and its certainly not the only sport to have dope involved , a lot of athletes go very far to win and he was one of them .
To put sometings in perspective , why does nobody or any agency go after politicians at least overhere in europe , they lie, screw people rob them of their pensions strip the democratic rights away from them and not a single one of them is brought to court .
Instead these leaches give themselves a nobel prize.

Remember lance was involved in competitive cycling , he wasnt a couch potato , he didnt steal anything , indicted by ahtletes who themselves stood stiff of dope , sounds more like a maffia trial to me , at least lance didnt break the " cycling " omerta

Hi

"Stealing" is not taking a material object. Lance did steal. He did lie. he did commit uncountable mischief. Those who witnesses his wrongdoings are (or were) no less guilty. We have a long list of guilty and/or suspect people here. Yet it changes nothing . He did lie. And to me worse: he doesn't seem to be repent. IN his interviews he came to me rather cynical, matter-of-fact, cold and seemingly as dangerous a character as ever. I could well be wrong.
As a society we have some troubling questions to ponder upon: Success is everything and he cost of it to Society seems not to count in the final tally. We are , maybe in the USA but I am sure elsewhere, too eager to glorify those that are "successful" in anything without asking too many questions. The heroes, become perfore even more successful, but now at another level. Given all these isn't it reasonable to cheat, lie, steal, slander if at the end all we can have is "Success"? So is our tale, so is our mentality...

We had Lance now, We have another liar, Man Tio, the Notre Dame LB ... We will forgive him the same, we will forget the questions if he is successful .. We conveniently avoid to ask these to Ray Lewis. We forgot to ask them to Joe Paterno.

I think the term is wanton hubris . We had a president who thought it was OK to cheat,bully and intimidate because he was not good enough/

I think anybody who wants to have a fake iend is free to so. A persons sex life is his own business. That story is more a reporters wounded ego than a lie. It was an elaborate hoax not a conspiracy to defraud/

Last edited:
Hi
We had Lance now, We have another liar, Man Tio, the Notre Dame LB ... We will forgive him the same, we will forget the questions if he is successful .. We conveniently avoid to ask these to Ray Lewis. We forgot to ask them to Joe Paterno.

Spot on. Everyone talks about how Ray Lewis is this great, inspirational and motivating professional player, but never the hard questions. He was about as uninvolved in the murders in Atlanta (go read the details) as OJ Simpson was in the killing of his wife.

It is always about the money.

Unlike OJ Ray Lewis tool some responsibility for his act.

Unlike OJ Ray Lewis took some responsibility for his act.

In exchange for ........

He has apparently made some significant life changes: created a foundation, become an ordained minister, etc. But none of that changes what happened that night and no one in the press wants to pursue it. It is not a though he got caught smoking pot. Two men died as a result.

I will now drop the Ray Lewis subject.

It was widely reported on.

‘Star Trek’ director J.J. Abrams will produce biopic of disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong

By Bryan Enk | Movie Talk

Hollywood loves an inspirational sports drama. But it loves cautionary tales of epic disgraces even more.
What could've been the former has tragically ended up as the latter as the life of former professional cyclist Lance Armstrong is headed for the big screen via Paramount and J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot, which have acquired the adaptation rights to Juliet Marcur's upcoming biography, "Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong."
Marcur is a longtime sports writer for The New York Times who had been chronicling Armstrong's career for the past several years, from his remarkable recovery from cancer to his astounding seven consecutive Tour de France wins from 1999 to 2005. His personal and professional life recently took a tragic turn when he was disqualified from all his cycling results since August 1998 for using and distributing performance-enhancing drugs, which Armstrong admitted to during a television interview this month after years of vehemently denying the allegations. Armstrong has also been banned from professional cycling for life.
For crying out loud, kids, Don't Do Drugs!
This isn't the first time a Lance Armstrong biopic has been in development, though it certainly marks the first that will focus on his fall from grace. A few years ago, producer Frank Marshall and "The Hunger Games" director Gary Ross were working on an Armstrong project, with Jake Gyllenhaal attached to star; though the rumors of the athlete's drug use were in full swing by then, the film would've focused on the early years of his career, from his start as a competitive swimmer to becoming a professional triathlete at age 16 to joining the Motorola Cycling Team at age 21.
"Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong" will be published by HarperCollins in June, shortly after Abrams' "Star Trek Into Darkness" hits theaters on May 17. Abrams and Bad Robot's Bryan Burk will produce the screen adaptation, though no director, writer or star is currently attached.

After finishing Hamilton's book, anyone who doubted Lance was doping despite all the negative tests is deluding themselves. He is also a very unsympathetic character and a sorry excuse for a human being. He bought his way out of at least one drug test and then proceeded to turn in his competitors because of his cozy relationship with the UIC President. Armstrong also does himself a disservice; the East Germans would be proud of him. When WADA developed an EPO test, he found a substitute. When that failed, Armstrong developed (or Michele Ferrari) a way of microdosing EPO into his veins to evade detection. And after that, he developed new ways of blood doping.

The best part were those riders getting popped (or still "glowing" as riders called it) for drugs in their system when they stored their blood for storage. Oops! Second best were those getting "bad" blood and almost dying.

What us Tyler Hamilton? Disregard the fact he informed on Lance.

What us Tyler Hamilton? Disregard the fact he informed on Lance.

Greg, have you read the book?

And Tyler's book is just ONE of many books written on the subject by former Postal and other riders. They all tell the SAME story. Coincidental? Hardly. And unlike Armstrong, Hamilton and others came clean when caught.

Tell you this: based on Tyler's book, Armstrong's monetary exposure is enormous and his admission will cost him dearly. Not the five or ten million you see quoted in the papers.

Armstrong should have moved , many countries on this planet , he could have taken over McAfee's house and mistress's :)

Cant believe Myles actually bought that book ..:(

Ex-failed cyclist and doper turned snitch talks about Armstrong ...by Myles Bastor ....:)

They should put tygart in Charge of the CIA , think of how effect he could be, he could start with who in Washington is allowing the multi-billion dollar drug trade from mexico , imagine actually catching criminals and real drug dealers ...:)

This should clean up cycling ...

Last edited:
Greg, have you read the book?

And Tyler's book is just ONE of many books written on the subject by former Postal and other riders. They all tell the SAME story. Coincidental? Hardly. And unlike Armstrong, Hamilton and others came clean when caught.

Tell you this: based on Tyler's book, Armstrong's monetary exposure is enormous and his admission will cost him dearly. Not the five or ten million you see quoted in the papers.

In his Oprah interview Lance mentioned it cost him 75 million in sponsorship alone within 48 hours of Nike dumping him and the rest followed.

others came clean when caught.

No thy did not. Thy got sweetheart deals to testify. Floyd Landis fought it 2 years. These were all top tier cyclists who did not have to work for Lance.

What is Tyler Hamilton?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing