The best Dipoles, Dipoles that can do bass?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
If your are an idiot for saying your system is the best what, does saying it is "indistinguishable from live" make you?

Probably a martian. I am sure no one sitting there can distinguish my system from life. Although I would not risk that golden ear lunatics can't! :D

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Nola-KO-Loudspeaker.jpg Nola-KO-Loudspeaker.jpg

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Without having heard your Speakers, I seriously think you could be the only Person who thinks your Speakers are better than Henks Grand :rolleyes:

Yeah, pretty funny statement from Andromeda I would say...

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Plus i dont have audiophile Friends really .
Never go to shows or dealers anymore , virtually nobody has heard mine lol.
Audiophiles just like Christoph and spirit and many others are desperate to put a what s best sticker on audio Gear .
A whats different sticker is mostly more appropriate / Meaningfull imo

Interesting marketing strategy...

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
They are NOLA. More importantly a dipole with bass.

Reactions: infinitely baffled

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Alon / Nola were my introduction to dipoles. I still own a modded pair of Alon iv's
(with Alon v spec mid range and tweeters)
which i keep as spares, and which will form the basis of a system for the gym I'm currently building.

I replaced these with Alon Phalanx which i adored, bass included, but they were not robust enough for my requirements.
I basically started this thread after letting a pair of Concert Grand Reference Gold slip through my fingers, due the same reservations about longevity, at my hands, and physical aesthetics being a big step down from the relatively sexy Focals

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Yeah, pretty funny statement from Andromeda I would say...

I did not mean tot be funny , i mean it.

Regarding dipoles that do bass well , one that immediately comes to mind is the Martin Logan statement probably in its later version now, never heard it though.
I ve heard their simpeler models in the past and while having a see through midrange they lacked overall woofer integration and impact.
The apogee grands have impact but are not the most transparant speakers ive heard to date

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Reactions: christoph

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Had a slightly disapointing response from the European distributor.
The response was perfectly adequate, it is just the situation that disappoints

Hello Mr Baffled,

Thank you for your interest in Spatial speakers.

We do not sell the US Spatial speakers here in Europe.

We develop with Clayton Shaw (Owner Spatial US) our own Spatial Europe product line.

Compare to the soundquality of the Lumina L 2 we have our top Modell Nº 8 (The name before was M 1 Signature; review attached!)

At this time our complete Spatial productline is passive, but we still working to acitivate them with the Hypex N-Core modules. (Similiar the L 2 where the bass is activated)

Clayton can not sell the L 2 to Europe, because the L 2 has no CE confirmation. (It means that the Hypex Modul has the confirmation, but when you screwed this modul in the speaker baffle the whole speaker need the
CE confimation!)

We are building up an european wide dealernetwork and have no dealer at this time in UK. I have a lot of contacts to dealer in UK but they will not invest in a new speaker brand.

I will let you know soon, when we finish the Nº 8 activating.

Best regards

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Pass on by, move along, nothing to see here.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Sorry for the thread revival, but i was intruiged by what I've read recently about the Sound Kaos Liberation dipole.
Does anyone have any experience with the brand?
They are developing a new flagship with additional bass capability, I've got my name down for an audition, hopefully this summer

Pic of the current model, Liberation
https://images.app.goo.gl/SWnzMapWV6JAA5PNA

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Sorry for the thread revival, but i was intruiged by what I've read recently about the Sound Kaos Liberation dipole.
Does anyone have any experience with the brand?
They are developing a new flagship with additional bass capability, I've got my name down for an audition, hopefully this summer

Pic of the current model, Liberation
https://images.app.goo.gl/SWnzMapWV6JAA5PNA

No experience but HiFi Pig do say best with classical music. That's not very you I would say;)

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
No experience but HiFi Pig do say best with classical music. That's not very you I would say;)
Going to read that review now. I didn't previously on acount of strained eyes after ploughing through the six moons review in tiny script

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing