Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions!

Let's see how it works with XDMS. I really could care less about Roon.
Shunyata's flagship ~$3K USB cable should work. If it doesn't, that would be a problem as I'm not just going to swap it for another brand. Especially since it was highly recommended by Taiko as a good match with the Extreme.
It’s not an indictment of Shunyata or even the omega in general. I’ve seen individual examples of usb cables that have had problems in my system which I could demonstrate issues with by swapping to a cheap USB. Subsequently a different sample of the same expensive USB cable resolved all issue, suggesting that it was a problem with that individual sample, not with all of them.

Just suggesting a easy test as part of troubleshooting, to exclude the low likelihood that it’s a QC issue with your particular sample of the Omega.

Reactions: iain
It’s not an indictment of Shunyata or even the omega in general. I’ve seen individual examples of usb cables that have had problems in my system which I could demonstrate issues with by swapping to a cheap USB. Subsequently a different sample of the same expensive USB cable resolved all issue, suggesting that it was a problem with that individual sample, not with all of them.

Just suggesting a easy test as part of troubleshooting, to exclude the low likelihood that it’s a QC issue with your particular sample of the Omega.
This is great advice. The process of elimination is always a good path to take to get to the root cause.

We recently had a customer with seemingly intractable stability problems with Roon.

On our suggestion he hooked up a unifi (ubiquity) wireless Accesspoint to his cable modem (which only had 5 GHz Wifi), and the stability problems went away.

There have been reports on the Roon Community forum for quite a while about some Users experincing problems when the Roon remote device is connecting using 5 Ghz WiFi.

Roon actually recommends 5 GHz Wifi, but it would seem not all 5GHz WiFi Accesspoints are created equal
With 5ghz WiFi the speed , focuse and sharpness is there, but I prefer cable connection.
It has it all and better musicality with no wifi noise.

In my case I can't imagine using wifi because it always adds noise and harshness.

Reactions: M27HF
Gonna go out on a limb and suggest we are officially inside the eye of Hurricane Taiko...

according to the show's website, Taiko will be in room A 4.2, stand E 228.
it isn't clear if their kit will be in other folks' rooms, but i assume it will.

anyone going?
please bring back impressions we can vicariously enjoy

Atrium 4.2 room E213 with Aries Cerat
Atrium 4.2 room E228 with Alsyvox, Jadis, Omega Audio Concepts, Lamizator
F115 with Magico, Pilium, MSB

That is on display in Atrium 4.2 room E228.
Hi Emile

Best of luck at Munich. You guys are going to kill it but the question has been raised as to what we are seeing in that link

Hi Emile

Best of luck at Munich. You guys are going to kill it but the question has been raised as to what we are seeing in that link

I‘m currently driving, did not expect this to drop so fast :) Will comment asap.

@Tubeman66 correct !

Just a dumb guess but are we looking at the boards from a network card and switch? OK, I said it was a dumb guess.

Based on the connectors on the board, one of them is power-related. DC-ATX or something like that.

Reactions: MarcelNL

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing