Taiko Audio Extreme Music Server

Did your issue get resolved?
Taiko had me attach a monitor to my Extreme and they remote viewed the diagnostics on the screen.
They believe the C-Drive failed and are sending me a replacement.
Will have to keep you posted once it is installed.
Thanks!

Taiko had me attach a monitor to my Extreme and they remote viewed the diagnostics on the screen.
They believe the C-Drive failed and are sending me a replacement.
Will have to keep you posted once it is installed.
Thanks!

That’s unfortunate but at least you are getting closer to a fix.

Problem alert: When in XDMS and I switch to ROON, ROON does not recognize my Lampi Pacific DAC. I reinstalled the ROON app but the problem persists. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Roon is running but it doesn’t see your Pacific?

Hi Dave! Yes ROON can see my iPad and will allow me to select it. Other Audio Zone options flash, including Taiko ASIO, but it won’t allow me to enable it.

Hi Dave! Yes ROON can see my iPad and will allow me to select it. Other Audio Zone options flash, including Taiko ASIO, but it won’t allow me to enable it.

I would try connecting the Pacific into a generic USB port on the Extreme to rule out the USB card (assuming you have it).

Thanks, I’ll give it a try later. I have all the latest options for the Extreme and ROON has performed flawlessly until the past couple of weeks.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try later. I have all the latest options for the Extreme and ROON has performed flawlessly until the past couple of weeks.

So this issue is not new and you haven’t been able to run Roon for a couple weeks?

But XDMS works? If that’s the case then the USB card is fine.

Yes, and it spontaneously corrected itself about a week ago and then the problem suddenly returned. Weird…

Yes, and it spontaneously corrected itself about a week ago and then the problem suddenly returned. Weird…

I would do a fresh install of Roon.

Reactions: oldmustang
Problem alert: When in XDMS and I switch to ROON, ROON does not recognize my Lampi Pacific DAC. I reinstalled the ROON app but the problem persists. Any help is greatly appreciated!
have you updated to the latest version of Roon?

Do you mean the ROON app? If so, I’ve done that a few times…

No. The actual system. Or make sure you are fully updated and your app and system on the same version.

I've had that same problem with my Aries Cerat DAC. I'm really always on XDMS, but very occasionally I switch to Roon. I couldn't connect to my DAC, I went back to XDMS. I tried it the next day and it connected. After 10 minutes I was back in XDMS...

Reactions: 2ndLiner
What connection are many of the Extreme Music Server owners using to connect to the MSB Select DAC and The Director. Are they using USB, XLR, MSN ProUSB, or MSBProIsl . Which is the best sound. IT seems like the fiber choice would be good.
Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing