State of the art low jitter...

Tim F

Jun 11, 2018
Hey all,

Thinking about this in terms of jitter from a transport or streamer into a high end dac. Given the advanced re-clocking in dacs and the quality of clocks in even midrange source components, is there still an improvement to be had?

This is my specific scenario. I have an Auralic Aries Femto up front and with the GG2 re-clocking on the USB. Should jitter be of any concern with that type of set up?

Cheers, Tim

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Hi Tim,

I had this exact same combination - gg2 with Aries Femto.
Jitter wise I’m not sure You should have any big concern.
But Inserting proper server in the chain (in my case LDMS) made extreme difference - i was in disbelief for quite a while...
cheers,
G

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing