Slow Car Fast or Fast Car Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Big car fan and have not owned any of the cars discussed here. Current dream car is the BMW M3 and would like to get a (of course) red Ferrari when one drops down to a level I can contemplate ... More a dream than anything I tend to like ultra-reliable cars thus my tendency to stick with Lexus/Toyota

I do however think that modern cars are superior to many of the classics in ways that have to be experienced to be appreciated. Granted some of the very thing that make them sooo performing take away some of he jy of driving fast ... for example ABS, anti-spin and anti-thrust control which allowed us to have front wheel cars with more than 200 BHP, twenty years ago they were rare now they are commonplace ... and other staff like electronically controlled anti-slip or progressive slip differential ,etc ... They remove the dangers but for many the fun too..
But people performance-wise there isno contest and however a purist one may want to be force is to admit that modern-day perform much better than the old classic:
They are
Faster
More Agile
More reliable
Quicker
They do Brake Better
Corner Better
Handle Better
Are intrinsically more powerful
Consume much less gas for the same power and performance

Thus you have seemingly mundane cars that would outrun and outperform many classics .. from mundane brands like Subaru, Doge, Mitsubishi, etc (Oh they will also outrun quite a few so-called exotics but that is an aside)...

Now concerning the ML63AMG. i can understand the love of a given car but in term of performance the ML63 would not be the choice even by Mercedes themselves as the king of performance of their stable. The weight to mass ratio is in favor of the C 63 AMG .. NOT the ML63 despite its 515 HP compared to 485 for the c63. The C63AMG will outrun it on the Quarter Mile, top speed and cornering in other words in almost everything that matters due to the laws of physics... but if you like it .. then fine you do and that is OK.

As for the C63 AMG compared to my favorite sports car the M3, most here would know who would win the crown (hint not the car with the Star on the hood) ...
Going back to lurk mode...

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Alright, that's enough. Thread closed. [EDIT;] The post that was above this one was deleted by management. We are better than this.

Tom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing