Rmaf 2010

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Hi all,

I feel a bit silly discussing this when summer has just barely begun, but is anyone planning to go to this year's RMAF in October? It'd be nice to put a few names to faces, so maybe we could arrange some sort of social one evening?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi all,

I feel a bit silly discussing this when summer has just barely begun, but is anyone planning to go to this year's RMAF in October? It'd be nice to put a few names to faces, so maybe we could arrange some sort of social one evening?

i've registered and reserved a room. coming in Thurday night leaving mid-day Sunday. there are typically get-togethers for Audiogon'ers and Vinyl guys at the Mexican Resturant across the street from the hotel on either Friday or Saturday night.

i've been to every RMAF so far; it's always a great time.

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Hi Rich,

Since RMAF is Oct. 15, 16, and 17 this year (and the not Columbus Day Weekend; I will be participating in an Art Show in RI that weekend) I may consider attending.

To the best of my knowledge though Jonathan Weiss and Oswald's Mill Audio is planning to participate. That should be a good room to visit.

Rich

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
We've got a room reserved and plan to couple the rmaf with some sightseeing. There are a group of Von Schweikert Audio Circlers meeting for a dinner and private audition. My wife and I would certainly be open to something on other nights.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
I hope to be there for at least parts of it. There's a few people I'd like to catch up with, and also touch base with the Denver dealer who has been very helpful in helping me acquire some new toys.

DonH50

Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
No, the folk at Cherry Creek (Magnepan dealer). There are a lot of dealers I should really check out up in the Denver/Boulder area as it's been a few years since I looked around. OTOH, no-lookie means no buying expensive stuff I really want but don't really need... ;) The only good news for me is that since I re-started my audio trek I have discovered prices have escalated so much that the gear I owned in the past is an order of magnitude or two beyond what I can pay now, removing the temptation. Hopefully... (Hmmm, if the kids pay for their own college, then we live with them in retirement, maybe I can afford that new ARC setup...) :)

Maybe it'd be good to start a list of dealers and places one should see while visiting Denver? Strange, but I rarely get up there (work in the Springs and only time I head north is to the airport or to visit my son at UNC). Last time I actually spent time there was for the ITG (International Trumpet Guild) conference a few years ago. - Don

DonH50

Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
I heard Cherry Creek closed? I havent tried to go there based on that info.

Ouch -- hope not! They are the only Magnepan dealer around, and I have had very good service from them. I last spoke with my saleslady there a few weeks ago and nothing was said, but then something like that would come up fast and quiet. They had a 15-year anniversary sale a few months ago. Their website is still up and running (not a leading indicator, I know). Might try them at (303) 758-4434 or sales@cherrycreekaudio.com -- I might try to ping them later.

DonH50

Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Just got an email from my saleslady at Cherry Creek Audio -- she's fine, they're fine, will be at RMAF, but Magnepan is still not shipping the magical mythical center speaker-stand I would like to hear... They're still trying to catch up on all the 1.7 orders. Last I heard, they thought they'd be caught up by end of June, but guess not. I suppose that's a good thing! - Don

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I just bought my ticket for RMAF 2010.

Last edited:

MiTT

Jun 28, 2010
Thornton, Colorado
I wouldn't miss it either! Been to every one and don't plan to miss this one. Would be great to meet some of the folks here. I'll be hosting a few folks from the Martin Logan Forum one night for cocktails and munchies. The invitation goes out to members here too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing