New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I just heard a reporter who actually spoke to Cousins about the deal to the Warriors and Cousins said he got no offer from any team (mostly due to his achilles injury -timetable for return is January) so he called the Warriors. Reports had it that his second choice was the Celtics.

Avery Bradley signs 2 year deal with the Clippers. Still together with Doc.

Bradley only played in 6 games for the Clippers after coming over from the Pistons last year due to injury. Hope he is healed and ready to go this year.

You know that contacts are skewed in the NBA when you see his deal at 2 years and 25 milllion and think that it is a bargain. :)

Here comes Lavar...

“Lonzo ain’t going to play off the ball. How’s LeBron going to play point? Lonzo will be pushing and he get it out of his hands too quick. Lonzo don’t do all that dribbling. All he got to do is run the lane and the pass going to be right on the money … We going to play so fast, he’ll throw him touchdown passes and be scoring all day. And then when he don’t, he going to throw the long pass and Lonzo will shoot the 3-pointer very easy.”

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/la...-ball-off-ball-comments-video-nba-free-agency

I feel really bad for the kid.

Hey Phil, your draft pick is a beast. He's like a a Jordan Bell but taller and with a Pterodactyl wing span. I was a Lakers fan growing up but with what is happening these days I feel I'm already leaning towards greener fields.

Onn the Laker front, I hope they make Deng play. It appears he really didn't fall off it's just that they didn't want to risk him getting hurt given his bad contract. As it appears there are no takers, they might as well use him. He's got good D and with limited minutes should have a lot of energy for harassment. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Lance in hyper D and gang rebounding mode on the second unit.

Kudos to the Pacers for signing Tyreke Evans

I feel really bad for the kid.

Hey Phil, your draft pick is a beast. He's like a a Jordan Bell but taller and with a Pterodactyl wing span.

Yeah Jack. 7'6" wingspan. Can swat a lot of balls up there. :D He's drafted with the same reason as Ainge had for Terry Rozier. Not tall for the position but very athletic and can 'fly'. BUT, this rookie Williams has had an attitude/work ethics problem since college. That is why he fell to 27. He kinda overslept and did not attend the draft in Brooklyn, which is fine, but he also missed a conference call with the Celtics' brass, which is not so fine, and then he showed up in the presentation of uniform, only to miss his flight back to Boston for the first summer league practice and hence, missed the practice. That is not fine at all. He got some verbal bashing from the coaches and Ainge, and promised to improve and move on. So much for the huge wingspan. I hope he does not get cut somewhere.

Reports now that Kawhi Leonard prefers Clippers over Lakers - doesn't want to play with LeBron.

Interesting to watch but I have to wonder about Kawhi's mental attitude.

In other news, Clipper Darrell may flip to the Lakers because of LeBron. I've met Clipper Darrell and listened to his incessant chanting during games. I am OK if he switches teams. :)

Reports now that Kawhi Leonard prefers Clippers over Lakers - doesn't want to play with LeBron.

Interesting to watch but I have to wonder about Kawhi's mental attitude.

In other news, Clipper Darrell may flip to the Lakers because of LeBron. I've met Clipper Darrell and listened to his incessant chanting during games. I am OK if he switches teams. :)

I heard a commentator saying this whole incident of Leonard is the most bizarre trade scenario she ever heard. How often do you hear a superstar demanding to be traded to a particular team, or he will not play at all. Passing up a $219m max package is already indicative of a strange mental attitude. No wonder no team so far has bitten at the Spurs demands or offer. I hope Danny doesn't do anything to get him.

Meanwhile, Tony Parker is moving to Charlotte after spending all his career with the Spurs. It means Kemba may be on the way out (he was rumored to be open for trade months ago), and that MJ won't be calling Kawhi. :D

Meanwhile, Tony Parker is moving to Charlotte after spending all his career with the Spurs. It means Kemba may be on the way out (he was rumored to be open for trade months ago), and that MJ won't be calling Kawhi. :D

That is big news especially since Parker agreed for the good of the team that he'll come off the bench

He might just fit the D'Antoni system like a glove. :D

Marc Stein

@TheSteinLine
Follow Follow @TheSteinLine
More
The Houston Rockets are among the teams that will have interest in Carmelo Anthony once he secures his free agency, according to league sources

1:20 AM - 7 Jul 2018

Stay away from Carmelo. Bad Karma.

Carmelo may be one of the most overrated "superstars" or all time. Here is a guy whose post up game literally sucks. Everyone knows he is going to shoot it, could care less about the team, despite his strength has never utilized it and is just a plain loser. Don't just stay away from him but run in the opposite direction if you see him approaching.

Carmelo may be one of the most overrated "superstars" or all time. Here is a guy whose post up game literally sucks. Everyone knows he is going to shoot it, could care less about the team, despite his strength has never utilized it and is just a plain loser. Don't just stay away from him but run in the opposite direction if you see him approaching.

I agree Howie

He's a total ball hog who is vastly overrated

I agree Howie

He's a total ball hog who is vastly overrated

And the BBall "analysts" from NY, like Stephen A Smith ALWAYS give him the benefit of the doubt and blame the coaches, management or the team. Smith blamed Phil Jackson for the horrible performance of Carmelo when on the Knicks. Part of the reason the guy still has some clout is that the NY "analysts" still cover for the guy rather than blame the guy.

The Rockets, after losing Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah a Moute to free agency, apparently want to sign Carmelo Anthony once OKC releases him.

That is bad news for Houston fans given Carmelo's history.

Last edited:
The Rockets, after losing Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah a Moute to free agency, apparently want to sign Carmelo Anthony once OKC releases him.

That is bad news for Houston fans given Carmelo's history.

Bad news indeed. The way he 'brought down' OKC will be the same story in Houston. :D And I have read rumors of him teaming up with another banana boat buddy somewhere else.

I guess their thinking is that CP3 and the Beard will give hime higher quality looks than Russ dod. They'd probably be right but.....what about D?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing