Lenco L75

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Dimfer,

You can make it as quiet as anything on the market. It requires a few changes, but not very many.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
I really like the Oasis. Timing cues, articulation of instruments, focus, quietness of background, speed stability all are outstanding. I find it to be quite neutral sonically--neither warm nor cool, soft nor edgy, imparting little character of its own. The Innovation Wood brought a faster, brighter personality to everything. I liked that deck but don't miss it. My Reference Lenco is somewhat fuller and richer than the Oasis with more visceral drive if less superfine filigree. But that's my old Reference Lenco Mk I, which is in Ottawa being upgraded to Mk. II status as I type. The new version should have improvements in overall clarity, fine detail, and speed stability.

The Oasis really needs good vibration control because it transmits whatever it picks up. I have it on a Minus-K, as I did the Innovation. Its screw-down clamp also takes some getting used to. Screw down too little and it sounds a little thin and hard, probably due to the integral ground-crystal platter mat; screw down too much and the dynamics become dull. I developed a system and can nail it pretty much automatically now, but it took some experimentation. Otherwise, it's a joy to use.

All in all, a wonderful turntable.

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the write up on the Oasis. It sounds like you have had quite a nice selection of tables. I really love the look of your Lenco though and the way you describe it's sound.....I'm sure it brings a lot of enjoyment to you. I hope your version 2 is everything you want it to be.

Wrm57

Oct 30, 2012
I really love the look of your Lenco though and the way you describe it's sound.....I'm sure it brings a lot of enjoyment to you. I hope your version 2 is everything you want it to be.

I appreciate your kind words and thoughts.

Bill

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing