GrooveMaster II Tonearms

Shuggie

Sep 9, 2020
UK
ammonite-audio.co.uk
what other options?
A shorter counterweight option to make the arms easier to use with turntables having covers, and a conventional arm rest clip. The new armrest clip will be available for existing owners to retro-fit, for €39. Very few of my customers like the present arm rest 'post' so it's really good that Marco listened to criticisms (presumably not just from me).

Reactions: jeff1225
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
A shorter counterweight option to make the arms easier to use with turntables having covers, and a conventional arm rest clip. The new armrest clip will be available for existing owners to retro-fit, for €39. Very few of my customers like the present arm rest 'post' so it's really good that Marco listened to criticisms (presumably not just from me).
I like the nylon pod.....it´s got character ;)

but what I´d really like is a threaded rear tube for cw adjusting....

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
That's great. The current armrest is too privative and I was hoping to an update. Any idea when that will be available?

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
A shorter counterweight option to make the arms easier to use with turntables having covers...
I am looking forward to this as the GMII 12" on the STST Motus II interferes with the cover...

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
their VTA lift is out too if you don´t need the slide
built more like FR B-60 incl the heavy nut or the old jap arm VTA adjustment bases from the golden vinyl age

djsina2

May 30, 2019
built more like FR B-60 incl the heavy nut or the old jap arm VTA adjustment bases from the golden vinyl age
Looks nice for sure. But I need the sliding base for simplicity sake. Maybe if I keep this arm I’ll make the investment in it and a new arm board. I have 5 arms and only 4 spots, so one must go.

dwhistance

Feb 15, 2019
I think you mentioned a while ago that Alfred Bokrand's modified Ortofon arms fit into the Groovemaster base? Do you think that the new VTA mount would work with them as well? I notice it has a collet so it should be adjustable for small differences in diameter. I have two of the Bokrand arms and would love too be able to more easily adjust VTA when swapping cartridges.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
hi
yes it fits but it´s a mm too wide, so the collett would have to be able to absorb the difference
otherwise it would of course be possible to have a 1mm "adapter tube"in between
best
Leif

Direct Drive

Sep 16, 2020
East Anglia, UK
No, it’s from the EasyVTA people in the UK.
Are these the ones on eBay? I am struggling to find the slinding base ones. A link would be very much appreciated.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Are these the ones on eBay? I am struggling to find the slinding base ones. A link would be very much appreciated.
Yes it is. Email them via eBay. I supposedly got the first one to test so I don’t think they’ve released them yet. They are waiting on a custom thumb screw for the upper cradle.

Reactions: Direct Drive

Direct Drive

Sep 16, 2020
East Anglia, UK
Perfect, many thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing