DMC30 s2

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
Why do i have to press the switches on the front of the pre several times before it reacts?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Call the factory; it may have to go to the doctor.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
It appears that several of our WBF members have recently had problems with their Spectral gear not working correctly or blowing up soon after taking it new out of the box and hooking it to their systems.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
It appears that several of our WBF members have recently had problems with their Spectral gear not working correctly or blowing up soon after taking it new out of the box and hooking it to their systems.

If this is true, it is serious! It would mean that quality control is insufficient in one of the world's most respected high-end firms :eek:

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
I'm the only one with this problem???
I sure know most people use the RC to control their amp.

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
I can reproduce this issue easely!
When i switch for example from input 1 to input 2 i have to press input 2
two times or more before the selection is done.
Same with the volume up and down button.
I bought this amp new!
Does somebody know how to upload a short video?

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
When i switch for example from input 1 to input 2 i have to press input 2
two times or more before the selection is done.

I think the reason you are not getting a response is because others are not experiencing this. You should call Spectral and try to get this fixed.

coopersark

May 24, 2013
My DMC30s2 does the same thing. I really never gave it a second thought. It would be great to get more feedback from others.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Have you both tried holding the input switches in longer before you release them?

coopersark

May 24, 2013
Have you both tried holding the input switches in longer before you release them?

It is not only the input selection buttons, but the volume control as well. It is not a matter of holding the switch in for a period of time, it is a matter of clicking the switch two times to activate the change. Again, I never really gave this a second thought and believe that it is part of the design. Once used to it, it is almost second nature.

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
Hi Coopersark,

I'm glad (sorry) i'm not the only one with this issue.
The idea of sending the unit for a repair frightened me.
The long period (probarly several months) without music!
:(

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hi Coopersark,

I'm glad (sorry) i'm not the only one with this issue.
The idea of sending the unit for a repair frightened me.
The long period (probarly several months) without music!
:(

Strange question perhaps...but...eh...isn't this part of the design perhaps? :confused:

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
The design?? What is the idea behind this?
Maybe this behaviour has something todo with the line frequency (50Hz instead of 60 Hz)
Most designers use the line frequence as clock for digital switch selection.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
The design?? What is the idea behind this?
Maybe this behaviour has something todo with the line frequency (50Hz instead of 60 Hz)
Most designers use the line frequence as clock for digital switch selection.

Is this problem happening in the EU bot not the U.S.? I remember when there was someone living in the EU that was having a problem with the power transformer in his Spectral gear humming and it was blamed on the EU power.

edwardce

Oct 7, 2010
What happens when you use the remote for input selection and volume control? Your dealer will get a RMA from the factory and you should only be without your preamp for two weeks, at least that has been true for me here in the continental US.

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
The dealer is informed!
Shipping from Europe is the problem!
I heard that it is a common problem!?

coopersark

May 24, 2013
Strange question perhaps...but...eh...isn't this part of the design perhaps? :confused:

It may, in fact be part of the design. I get the same reaction/result when using the remote. Again, I never really gave this a second thought, as I am not continually changing inputs or adjusting the volume to any extent that I even thought about this. I am not worrying nor obsessing over it. I am only glad when I find the time to listen to it!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
My guess is the button panel is connected to the board with a multi-pin connector and it may have been dislodged during shipping; I wonder whether the dealer can take a quick look.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing