Cable connectors for Vintage Amps.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I recently purchased a vintage Pioneer SA-9500II Integrated Amp, which (as you all know) has those pushtab speaker terminals. My VALAB/King Cable speaker wire is dual-stranded 12awg and too thick to insert bare or when using the pin crimp-style connectors. Right now I'm basically forced to use a lesser-quality cable, which I'm not happy about.

Do any of you guys have some suggestions as to a decent quality THIN cable I could use to up the performance of my system?

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I recently purchased a vintage Pioneer SA-9500II Integrated Amp, which (as you all know) has those pushtab speaker terminals. My VALAB/King Cable speaker wire is dual-stranded 12awg and too thick to insert bare or when using the pin crimp-style connectors. Right now I'm basically forced to use a lesser-quality cable, which I'm not happy about.

Do any of you guys have some suggestions as to a decent quality THIN cable I could use to up the performance of my system?

You need a set of these:

http://www.amazon.com/QuickLock-MKII-Connectors-Crimping-Terminations/dp/B000WXBY7I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1293376082&sr=8-4

One end is like the connect mechanism for Monster banana plugs, that will allow you to use heavy wire, the other is a gold-plated braid that will slip into your vintage clips.

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks guys. Gonna have a look at some local dealers tomorrow after work to see if they have something like what you recommended, now that I know they are available. If not, I'll order them.

John

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing