Breaking news from DCS….

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Anyways, it’s a new year. Got a lot of work to do. Will be watching as Mike L. takes on the Magico / MSB crowd , dealer network on one flank and the Wilson/ dcs dealer network supported by the Wilson stereophile reviewers on the other side. (even friggin Herb Reickert , who is supposed to be the cheap gear/ high efficiency guy is now a dcs guy). Things will be interesting to watch!
that's one way to view things. i guess i'm about to get crushed. :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda and Bobvin

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
dCS posted on their board the other day that announcements would be coming later in the month.

Yes, probably the very good news to dCS owners will only show officially by the middle of the month. :cool:

TLi

May 27, 2016
The latest unofficial news is Apex upgrade involves the hardware change to a new DAC chipset and its analog board. It comes with a price of around US$8600.

Apex probably uses the chipset from the new flagship Dorvak.

Last edited:

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

TLi

May 27, 2016
I was told the official announcement of Apex upgrade is scheduled on the end of February

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The latest unofficial news is Apex upgrade involves the hardware change to a new DAC chipset and its analog board. It comes with a price of around US$8600.

Apex probably uses the chipset from the new flagship Dorvak.
Hmm, is "chipset" the right term given the ring technology?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

Hydrology

Sep 14, 2020
Well the embargo on info was up to the 15th, so not sure why no announcement today so far…

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Perhaps they are rethinking their position. Both marketing and perhaps pricing. Time will tell.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Where did the 15th date come from? On the dCS site the only post that I saw from dCS‘s James Cook indicated equipment announcements would “later in the month” That was posted about the first of the month.

Hydrology

Sep 14, 2020
Things have been put back by one week. Confirmed this morning. But I'm sure someone worldwide will let the cat out of the bag before then.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Reactions: Lee

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The more relevant part in this moment:

"More information, including an in-depth look at the Ring DAC APEX, plus further details of our Vivaldi and Rossini APEX models, and our forthcoming upgrade programme, will be released through a series of virtual launch events taking place between now and March 4. "

This link shows a picture of the APEX ring DAC https://hifipig.com/dcs-ring-dac-ap...=rss&utm_campaign=dcs-ring-dac-apex-announced

I hope my Vivaldi DAC will soon visit its origins. The poor guy, first time at the customs ... :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing