Breaking news from DCS….

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Where do you live microstrips ?
It is listed under my avatar - after Brexit customs were re-introduced between CE and the UK. But our distributor and the UK distributor are associates.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I hope my Vivaldi DAC will soon visit its origins. The poor guy, first time at the customs ... :)
Haha...

My dealer revealed some of what he knows today. This is a major upgrade and I should be expect a significant performance improvement. Like the Rossini Apex is now near/at the current Vivaldi DAC level. The Vivaldi Apex of course extends it much further than the current Vivaldi.

I've asked my dealer to get me in line asap...

Reactions: Lee and dan31

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Haha...

My dealer revealed some of what he knows today. This is a major upgrade and I should be expect a significant performance improvement. Like the Rossini Apex is now near/at the current Vivaldi DAC level. The Vivaldi Apex of course extends it much further than the current Vivaldi.

I've asked my dealer to get me in line asap...

Yes, there are leaks that it is a major jump in the performance of the Vivaldi. However probably the dCS Vivaldi owners will be more circumspect that owners of other top brands in WBF. We are used to discrete excellence since long ... ;)

Jpspock

Dec 26, 2018
Thx microstrip, to answer your question, upgrade Will be donne bu your distributor, not needed to send it to UK.

Last edited:

joeling

Jan 8, 2014
I've reached out to my dealer in Singapore last night. He told me the current unit can be upgraded but not much information available at the moment. He will update...

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I believe more information will come out tomorrow.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Reactions: Elberoth and jfrech

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
Where do you live microstrips ?
Microstrips: If you live in the USA the APEX upgrades to the Vivaldi and Rossini` will be done at dCS Service Facility in MA.

Reactions: ctydwn

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Thx microstrip, to answer your question, upgrade Will be donne bu your distributor, not needed to send it to UK.

As far as I know in some Europe countries, we sent them to our distributors, that send them to the factory.

Probably considering the price of shipping and the size of the countries it is a more efficient and economic way of carrying the upgrades.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
  • Haha
Reactions: Bobvin and 2ndLiner

XCop5089

Sep 5, 2015
Winchester, UK
As a UK Vivaldi stack owner, so far, I have only read Apex upgrade suggested costs in US Dollars or Euros!

Today, I received a telephone call from my UK dCS dealer, Studio AV (Chobham), who confirmed that the Apex upgrade to my Vivaldi DAC, would be £6,000 including VAT and that dCS had dedicated their first month’s attention to processing new orders for Vivaldi and Rossini Apex DAC’s. dCS will be ready to upgrade Apex boards in existing Vivaldi/Rossini DAC owners from April onwards.

My dealer has a Rossini Apex DAC (which is alleged to be superior in performance to a non-Apex Vivaldi DAC and they will be bringing it to me for a home demonstration, on 10th March.

I will report back with my experience!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
As a UK Vivaldi stack owner, so far, I have only read Apex upgrade suggested costs in US Dollars or Euros!

Today, I received a telephone call from my UK dCS dealer, Studio AV (Chobham), who confirmed that the Apex upgrade to my Vivaldi DAC, would be £6,000 including VAT and that dCS had dedicated their first month’s attention to processing new orders for Vivaldi and Rossini Apex DAC’s. dCS will be ready to upgrade Apex boards in existing Vivaldi/Rossini DAC owners from April onwards.

My dealer has a Rossini Apex DAC (which is alleged to be superior in performance to a non-Apex Vivaldi DAC and they will be bringing it to me for a home demonstration, on 10th March.

I will report back with my experience!
Please, you maybe amongst the first to hear the Apex update. My dealer thought the same that a Rossini Apex is right there to a non Apex Vivaldi...

Reactions: XCop5089

Jpspock

Dec 26, 2018
It means that the full increasing price for dac vivaldi and Rossini is only due to new hardware version, round 30%. Than how can they explain that the vivaldi clock increased of of 32% or Bartok 33%, and both didn’t change at all…

Reactions: dandylinpsst

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I had a brief listen of the new APEX at my dealer yesterday. Since his set-up of Wilson XVX's and Remetless amps and pre-amp is in another sandbox I couldn't really tell what the APEX was adding to the SQ,.

Although I am extremely happy with my current set-up I will probably pull the trigger on the upgrade, There is a good chance the updating will be done at the dealer.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
It means that the full increasing price for dac vivaldi and Rossini is only due to new hardware version, round 30%. Than how can they explain that the vivaldi clock increased of of 32% or Bartok 33%, and both didn’t change at all…
Inflation. In metals, other parts, labor to build, you name it.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I had a brief listen of the new APEX at my dealer yesterday. Since his set-up of Wilson XVX's and Remetless amps and pre-amp is in another sandbox I couldn't really tell what the APEX was adding to the SQ,.

Although I am extremely happy with my current set-up I will probably pull the trigger on the upgrade, There is a good chance the updating will be done at the dealer.
Did he have the new Vivaldi Apex? I hope it can be done via dealers. Just easier and don't have to be down while it's shipped off...

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Did he have the new Vivaldi Apex? I hope it can be done via dealers. Just easier and don't have to be down while it's shipped off...
Yes, He had a new APEX not a ungraded unit.

Pol

Aug 22, 2017
Italy
my info are this is a factory upgrade. It cannot be done via dealers.

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
I’m curious but waiting on further information. I am so far happy to learn that this isn’t an entirely new platform but more of an upgrade for existing owners. I’m very much an “analog guy” but do enjoy my time with digital media too.…. In the end (and for me), digital needs to not be a total let down from my vinyl.

All to say, yay for better sound anywhere I can find it!;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing