Boardwalk Empire Season 3: Clip Trailer

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Boardwalk Empire remains my number one show on cable TV in the past two years with Dexter, Homeland, The Borgias and The Big C rounding out the top 5

HBO remains IMO the King of the Hill with Boardwalk Empire. The first two seasons literally had me glued to my chair especially with such a cliff hanger ending to Season 2.

The entire first 2 seasons are On Demand and if you haven't seen this series do yourself a favor.You won't be disappointed

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I watched Season 1. It was good. Do you know if season 2 is available on Netflix or iTunes yet? I've just given The Wire a second try based on many people's opinion that it is the best written TV series in years. I got through 5 episodes on Netflix and it has just failed to really grab me. Good? Absolutely. Better than anything on network? Well, I'm not sure I'd know as I gave up on them years ago. But it just didn't make me want to order the next disc. I'd much rather watch season 2 of Boardwalk Empire.

Tim

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
It looks like season 2 of BE is on Vudu, which is better quality than Netflix. I've been watching it since the get-go and it has gotten better and better. As to whether it tops the list, Game of Thrones is right up there too- first quality production, great story, characters, and the half-man is classic.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Boardwalk Empire remains my number one show on cable TV in the past two years with Dexter, Homeland, The Borgias and The Big C rounding out the top 5

HBO remains IMO the King of the Hill with Boardwalk Empire. The first two seasons literally had me glued to my chair especially with such a cliff hanger ending to Season 2.

The entire first 2 seasons are On Demand and if you haven't seen this series do yourself a favor.You won't be disappointed

Steve, my wife and I are absolutely HOOKED on B.E. and the following shows:

HBO:
Game of Thrones
Newsroom (OUT ******* STANDING!)

Showtime:
Homeland
The Borgias

We liked HBO's Lucky but they killed it after some horse were hurt during filming.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I think maybe I need to give The Borgias another try. I watched a couple of episodes and it seemed, I dunno, stiff? Contrived?

Tim

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I agree Season one of the Borgias was okay and the first Episode of Season two was a mess as they tried to bring you up to speed. From then on Season 2 was very good.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

I am also looking forward to start of Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire this Sunday. HBO continues to provide us with some of the best there is to offer on television.
Jim

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I am also looking forward to start of Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire this Sunday. HBO continues to provide us with some of the best there is to offer on television.
Jim
And not just 'for TV.' I'm frankly at a loss when it comes to finding new films to watch- most of the big budget Hollywood fare doesn't even look interesting enough to read about, let alone devote time to. By comparison, what HBO, Showtime and a few other cable networks have done is to create compelling stories that can be told in great detail, with interesting subplots and far more complexity than any 1.5 or 2 hour 'feature length' film has time to convey.

Steve Williams

HBO, Showtime and a few other cable networks have done is to create compelling stories that can be told in great detail, with interesting subplots and far more complexity than any 1.5 or 2 hour 'feature length' film has time to convey.

would be a great topic for a thread. The list would be endless

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
One thing that should be mentioned is the production values are stellar, far exceeding network TV. As a matter of fact exceeding Hollywood films from just a few years ago.

true, that. we just finished watching the old i claudius from the bbc circa 1976-7. wonderful as it was, it was little more than a stage play watched by cameras and a small handful of obvious sets.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
would be a great topic for a thread. The list would be endless
btw, i do like the same day streaming release of theatrical film and would pay a premium. we watched arbitrage last nite at home on vudu/same day (or maybe a day after) it was released in theatres, via vudu. I know the theatre owners balk at this, so major releases are still not forthcoming, but if the pricing was high enough for, say, the first 30 days of streaming, I don't think it would really erode the box office. fwiw, the movie was a good drama, but precisely what i wouldn't go to the theatre to see. (I hardly ever go to the movie theatre any more anyway).

Steve Williams

Tonight's the night

'Boardwalk Empire' Season 3 Spoilers: HBO Releases Episode Descriptions For Next Four Episodes

From The Huffington Post

With the Season 3 premiere of "Boardwalk Empire" in the books, HBO has released episode details for the Prohibition gangster drama's next four episodes.

So this post comes with an inherent spoiler alert, but for "Boardwalk" fans who are interested in a vague roadmap for what the early part of the season has in store, these descriptions provide a few details of the conflicts and storylines that lie ahead.

They highlight three separate budding turf wars: Lucky Luciano clashing with Joe Masseria in the New York heroin trade, Al Capone involved in a South Side Vs. North Side Chicago battle against the Irish mob, and Arnold Rothstein and Gyp Roseti feuding over booze in New York. Meanwhile, Nucky Thompson's brother Eli gets released from prison, and Nucky runs into some trouble in Washington, DC.

Check out the episode descriptions below:

Episode #28: “Blue Bell Boy," airs Sun., Oct. 7:

"After tracking down a liquor thief, Nucky (Steve Buscemi) and Owen (Charlie Cox) spend a long night hiding out from the feds with the precocious perp. In his boss’ absence, and with Rothstein (Michael Stuhlbarg) fuming over a late delivery, Mickey (Paul Sparks) overrules Eli (Shea Whigham) to make a routing call that will have far-reaching consequences for Nucky and Gyp (Bobby Cannavale). Margaret (Kelly Macdonald) encounters a familiar face while promoting Dr. Mason’s (Patrick Kennedy) classes at the new women’s clinic at St. Theresa’s. In New York, Lucky (Vincent Piazza) haggles with Joe Masseria (Ivo Nandi) over heroin splits, while in Chicago, Capone’s (Stephen Graham) feud with O’Banion (Arron Shiver) heats up when one of his collectors gets roughed up on the South Side."
Episode #29: “You’d Be Surprised," airs Sun., Oct. 14:

"After venting with Nucky about his liquor travails, Rothstein sends Gyp an unequivocal message in Tabor Heights. In Washington, Gaston Means (Stephen Root) sees opportunity in a Senate investigation of Harry Daugherty (Christopher McDonald) and the Justice Department. Billie (Meg Chambers Steedle) gets a new co-star to revive her faltering show; Van Alden (Michael Shannon) and Sigrid (Christiane Seidel) receive an unexpected visitor; Gillian (Gretchen Mol) worries about keeping her business afloat in Jimmy’s absence; Margaret has Awkward moments at the hospital and, later, at Madam Jeunet’s (Anna Katarina)."
Episode #30: “Ging Gang Goolie," airs Sun., Oct. 21

"After being detained in Washington by Daugherty’s henchmen, Nucky approaches Esther Randolph (Julianne Nicholson), his onetime nemesis, and later entertains an intriguing proposition from Gaston Means. In Atlantic City, Margaret copes with Teddy’s (Rory and Declan McTigue) demons, while Owen investigates a suspicious fire; Gillian feuds with Lucky and finds a surrogate for Jimmy; and Richard (Jack Huston) connects with pugilistic vet Paul Sagorsky (Mark Borkowsky) and his daughter Julia (Wrenn Schmidt)."
Episode #31: “Sunday Best," airs Sun., Oct. 28

"On Easter Sunday, Eli looks to get back in Nucky’s good graces at a Thompson family reunion. While Richard and Tommy (Brady and Connor Noon) spend the day as guests of the Sagorskys, Gillian stays at home and makes a sacrifice to improve her future. In New York, after dinner and prayers, Gyp heads downtown in search of a blessing – from Joe Masseria."

Steve Williams

After 3 episodes all I can say is that IMO this remains the best dramatic series on all of TV. Just when you think you've seen it all Nucky comes down with a vengeance. He truly remains the king pin of Atlantic City. However Nucky's shipment to Arnold Rothstein is ambushed only to suggest a turf war between many different factions is imminent.

And then to see Al Capone's character resurrected was also eye opening

I'm out of breath having just watched this 3rd episode

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing