Favorite TV shows thread

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Netlfix "The Diplomat" seems quite well done in all regards. I'm saving the last couple episodes for a system update that should arrive next week...

We really enjoyed The Diplomat. There were a few scenes that were unbelievable or a bit over the top. In general the dialogue was sharp as you expect from someone who worked on both The West Wing and Homeland. I definitely hope for at least one more season.

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
Dave season 3 is one of the great seasons in television I've ever seen. You don't need to even watch season 1 or 2. It's just incredibly well made, clever, hilarious.

Super dirty though, so beware.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Its ok to enjoy mindless entertainment from time to time, you dont have to micro analyze everything all the time lol

so how do you define things you were unable to watch because they were boring, or do you watch everything

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
The
Netlfix "The Diplomat" seems quite well done in all regards. I'm saving the last couple episodes for a system update that should arrive next week...

The Diplomat was really good. Much better than the Night Agent imo

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
The

The Diplomat was really good. Much better than the Night Agent imo
If those two series interested you then if you haven't had the opportunity to watch "Bodyguard" with Richard Madden and Keely Hawes give it a try. The first fifteen minutes hooked me and it was good all the way through. Just the right amount of twists and turns.

Also, this has nothing to do with the Costner/Houston The Bodyguard.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If those two series interested you then if you haven't had the opportunity to watch "Bodyguard" with Richard Madden and Keely Hawes give it a try. The first fifteen minutes hooked me and it was good all the way through. Just the right amount of twists and turns.

I think the Bodyguard was quite different from The Diplomat. The Diplomat reminds me more of Designated Survivor in the sense that there is a candidate forced in place who faces a new situation every episode that he or she has to deal with. I liked Bodyguard more, except towards the end where it got a bit loose. Diplomat I am only 3 episodes in so hope it gets better.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012

Yes, the bodyguard was very good.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
If we are also talking older shows there are two that for a guy, are absolutely must sees

The first is IMO the best series on the early west in the USA. It was aired and HBO and was one of my all time favorites

Deadwood

This story is based loosely on fact and has just about every type of murder and mayhem you could ever see.There is a town called Deadwood

Ian McShane was superb in his role as the Al Swearengen the godfather of Deadwood

The show ended abruptly and left many wondering how it should have ended. As a result after a few years they made a movie of Deadwood to tie together all of the loose ends. The movie for me was a disappointment. It also aired on HBO
Last week my wife and I decided to rewatch all of Deadwood in its entirety after so many years. We are down to the last 6 episodes and I don’t want it to end. One more 12 episode season would have been so much better than the deadwood movie.

Little doubt that for the most part it is as foul mouthed as any series I can think of. Yet at the same time many of the lines are almost Shakespearean.

It may not reach the level of The Wire but in my opinion nothing has.

Reactions: MadFloyd

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Considering my wife and I couldn't get through the series (don't ask me why, it was a long time ago) I guess I shouldn't try the movie. We're big Olyphant fans and I was hoping the movie was decent.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Considering my wife and I couldn't get through the series (don't ask me why, it was a long time ago) I guess I shouldn't try the movie. We're big Olyphant fans and I was hoping the movie was decent.
I am sure there are many individuals that will never consider watching Deadwood due to the language, the violence, and the nudity. I would never suggest they should give it another try.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am sure there are many individuals that will never consider watching Deadwood due to the language, the violence, and the nudity. I would never suggest they should give it another try.
To me Deadwood is the epitome of what the Wild West was. If the bad guys or the Indians didn’t get you they’d feed you to the pigs or you’d acquire syphilis or gonorrhea from the local ladies. The sanctity of life was irrelevant in Deadwood. I loved the series. The movie was a total disappointment

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing