Boardwalk Empire Season 3: Clip Trailer

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I would have to agree that they are keeping it fresh on the Boardwalk. There has been no drop off in Season 3 and I also like the Chicago and New York story lines that could be setting us up for future intrigue.

For while last evening I thought we might be seeing a "replacement" for Jimmy Darmody but that ended quickly.

HBO just keeps knocking them out of the park.
Jim

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I would have to agree that they are keeping it fresh on the Boardwalk. There has been no drop off in Season 3 and I also like the Chicago and New York story lines that could be setting us up for future intrigue.

For while last evening I thought we might be seeing a "replacement" for Jimmy Darmody but that ended quickly.

HBO just keeps knocking them out of the park.
Jim

Jim

I agree completely. I said the same to my wife. Another Jimmy Dormady but as you say it ended quickly

I remain a Sunday night cripple between my favorite 3, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter and Homeland and pretty soon my other 3 favorites also on Sunday, The Big C, Curb Your Enthousiasm and The Borgias

Great we have DVR's

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
After 3 episodes all I can say is that IMO this remains the best dramatic series on all of TV. Just when you think you've seen it all Nucky comes down with a vengeance. He truly remains the king pin of Atlantic City. However Nucky's shipment to Arnold Rothstein is ambushed only to suggest a turf war between many different factions is imminent.

And then to see Al Capone's character resurrected was also eye opening

I'm out of breath having just watched this 3rd episode

Hey Steve,

Agree BE is sublime, but for me Homeland is number one. I literally might need a Valium before the next episode.

Hard to believe how good the cast is. These people are not acting they are living the parts.

I wrote off the entertainment industry after all the trailer trash reality drivel and endless sequel excrement they have been producing, maybe I was wrong...BE, GOT, Borigas etc have renewed my faith.

Over and out.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I skipped over the above posts to avoid possible spoilers, but just watched episode 4? Blue Bell Boy? Possibly the best episode so far in the entire series. The level of dramatic tension was extremely high, interrupted only by violence, naked women and well-conceived dialog. Gotta love Capone.

Steve Williams

I skipped over the above posts to avoid possible spoilers, but just watched episode 4? Blue Bell Boy? Possibly the best episode so far in the entire series. The level of dramatic tension was extremely high, interrupted only by violence, naked women and well-conceived dialog. Gotta love Capone.

It was the best episode, I agree but was it the 3rd or 4th episode. I've seen them all but thought it was 3.

BTW that kid reminded me of Leonardo De Caprio

Homeland is also a remarkable series and I agree about being on the edge of my seat especially the final episode of last season. I remember feeling the exact same intensity watching The Hurt Locker and Saving Private Ryan.

Keep an eye on Clare Danes as you can see her very obviously pregnant now.

Steve Williams

The characters are so well played. I'm waiting for Mickey to get it. That laugh of his drives me crazy

Not that he was there before but Nucky has descende to the very bottom of the dark side. What if he ever finds out that his body guard was doing his wife. That should also by him a bullet

asindc

Sep 27, 2012
Hey Steve,

Agree BE is sublime, but for me Homeland is number one. I literally might need a Valium before the next episode.

Hard to believe how good the cast is. These people are not acting they are living the parts.

I wrote off the entertainment industry after all the trailer trash reality drivel and endless sequel excrement they have been producing, maybe I was wrong...BE, GOT, Borigas etc have renewed my faith.

Over and out.

I agree. Homeland's most recent ep was sublime. As much as I like BE, it was my #1 until Homeland began this season. Wow!

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I must say I was disappointed in this weeks (10-14) Boardwalk Empire. It kind of just rattled around with no real direction. Up to this week Season 3 has been outstanding.

JIm

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I must say I was disappointed in this weeks (10-14) Boardwalk Empire. It kind of just rattled around with no real direction. Up to this week Season 3 has been outstanding.

JIm
I wasn't disappointed, but that doesn't change your reaction, of course. It's probably just setting us up for more blood, sex and intrigue as the plot thickens. I also didn't know they now permitted male frontal nudity on cable. You know a few people are going to get whacked pretty soon.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I wasn't disappointed, but that doesn't change your reaction, of course. It's probably just setting us up for more blood, sex and intrigue as the plot thickens. I also didn't know they now permitted male frontal nudity on cable. You know a few people are going to get whacked pretty soon.

Full frontal male nudity is not uncommon on cable's premium channels. The Boardwalk scene was very tame compared to some in HBO's "Rome". More recently Hit & Miss a British show that was seen on DirecTv' Audience channel about a transsexual Hit WoMan?? played by Chloë Sevigny.

Jim

asindc

Sep 27, 2012
I liked this episode, but I like just about any episode in which Rothstein gets significant screen time. The actor playing him is doing a remarkable job. I was shocked (and a bit morbidly tickled) seeing "Mrs. Mueller" go hardcore gangster! Homicide notwithstanding, I would say Van Alden has upgraded in the wife category.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Well, you all know by now that I feel this is the best show on TV and this season is no exception. Nucky Thomson continues to control The Boardwalk and Atlantic City but war wages imminent. I only just watched Sunday's show this afternoon. I must say I am numb with a dropped jaw to see what happened in this episode because it was perhaps IMO the best episode of all three seasons. It is jam packed with action and for all you Homeland junkies who complained about last week's episode being weak, you need to catch Boardwalk Empire. The acting is so real in some cases that it will bring goose bumps to your body.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Well, you all know by now that I feel this is the best show on TV and this season is no exception. Nucky Thomson continues to control The Boardwalk and Atlantic City but war wages imminent. I only just watched Sunday's show this afternoon. I must say I am numb with a dropped jaw to see what happened in this episode because it was perhaps IMO the best episode of all three seasons. It is jam packed with action and for all you Homeland junkies who complained about last week's episode being weak, you need to catch Boardwalk Empire. The acting is so real in some cases that it will bring goose bumps to your body.

You gotta love the scene where Richard, having been told to get packing, lines up on the bed:
6 handguns, check;
sniper rifile; got it;
sawed-off shotgun; ok.
toothbrush, affirmative.
We know where this is headed....

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Richard is about to wage war on his own........

I thought when they came after Nucky in his house it was all over and then when Gyp and his gang catch up with him at Chalkie's house was absolutely chilling

Next week is the season finale and we see that Al Capone has agreed to help Nucky wage war

Whoever writes this stuff is absolute genius

Steve Williams

Season 3 finale last night and boy did it deliver with start to finish murder and mayhem with Nucky surviving it all as well as setting up Arnold Rothstein's arrest in Season 4 at the behest of Andrew Mellon, the Secretary of the Treasury.

Suffice it to say that Gyp won't be returning next year and expect to see bigger contribution by Al Capone who is now an ally of Nucky

And to watch Richard Harrow with his prosthetic mask go on a killing spree to rescue Tommy from the brothel his grandmother owns is chilling to say the least

As always the show ended on the cliff hanger involving what will happen to Arnold Rothstein

Great stuff. Not to be missed. As graphic as it gets

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Season 3 finale last night and boy did it deliver with start to finish murder and mayhem with Nucky surviving it all as well as setting up Arnold Rothstein's arrest in Season 4 at the behest of Andrew Mellon, the Secretary of the Treasury.

Suffice it to say that Gyp won't be returning next year and expect to see bigger contribution by Al Capone who is now an ally of Nucky

And to watch Richard Harrow with his prosthetic mask go on a killing spree to rescue Tommy from the brothel his grandmother owns is chilling to say the least

As always the show ended on the cliff hanger involving what will happen to Arnold Rothstein

Steve, I could not agree more. We don't even go to movies anymore, except for the odd Bond or
De Niro movie because the quality of this and other shows is so high.

Hollywood movies have become total dreck and HBO and Showtime are taking up the slack.

Homeland left me utterly drained this week!

I can't wait for GOT, Newsroom, and Borgias to return...

Steve Williams

My DVR works overtime between 8-11 on Sundays

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy Homeland but it has become so implausible that it is difficult to overcome whereas Boardwalk Empire is loosely based on historic fact. I also feel the writing and acting on Boardwalk Empire leaves all competition in the dust. Last night's show had me gasping for air. Good to see Gyp get what he deserved

Definitely can't wait for The Borgias. I almost gave up on it after Season one but Season two was exceptional also with a cliff hanger ending

Also can't wait for the new season of The Big C

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012

Very rich program in so many respects, story line, characters, drama, action, sex, violence, betrayal, revenge, and wonderful dialog, costumes, sets and historical atmosphere. Much the same could be said about Game of Thrones.
I think we are now in a golden era of TV production. The quality is generally higher than most big budget Hollywood movies in almost all areas except special effects and exotic location shooting. And the ability to tell an in-depth story at length, with all the subplots and subtleties that you just can't cram into a feature length movie. (Even if you are Peter Jackson).
BTW, Arnold Rothstein used Nathan Burkan as a lawyer. Burkan was one of the founders of ASCAP. Interesting trivia.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing