Best way to stream Youtube videos to 2 channel system

Chrisl

May 1, 2016
Morning. I'm just wandering what's the best way to steam Youtube videos to my 2 channel setup? For now, I'm using my laptop as a source till out house gets rebuilt. So I'm listening this way now, but I don't have a laptop in my 2 channel setup. Only a Intel server and Roon.

ecwl

Mar 20, 2021
Winnipeg, Canada
To answer your question, it’ll help to know how you’re currently streaming music into your 2-channel system. Roon & Intel server is just too non-specific an answer.
What is the streamer that is receiving your Roon signals in the 2-channel system? Because you said your laptop is not connected to the 2-channel system.
Also, what is your laptop, is it Mac or Windows PC? Also what is your Intel server running, Linux? Windows?

Chrisl

May 1, 2016
Thanks for the reply. My house burnt down, so for now, all I have is my laptop, speakers and an integrated amp. So listening to Youtube videos and the Tidal app. No Roon or server.

But I asked the question for when I get my full setup back. I have an custom server built by a friend: https://paretoaudio.com/

ecwl

Mar 20, 2021
Winnipeg, Canada
But I asked the question for when I get my full setup back. I have an custom server built by a friend: https://paretoaudio.com/
sorry to hear about the house. That is really horrible and unfortunate.

because there are many ways to stream a laptop YouTube video audio to your server/streamer 2-channel system, without knowing your future setup from hardware to software, it’s just really hard to answer your question.

I tried looking at the Pareto Audio website but I really couldn’t figure out what hardware or software they use.

so I think your best bet is to just tell your friend you’d like to also stream YouTube videos in your system and make sure that when he builds the server, it’s compatible for that functionality with your 2-channel stereo system.

But the generic answer to your question is that you can use AirPlay or chromecast or some software like JRiver to capture the audio from the YouTube video stream and send it to the streamer/server.

good luck with the house and the stereo setup. I’m sure once everything is back to normal, you’ll be able to enjoy life and music tremendously again.

Reactions: Chrisl

Carlsbad

Dec 11, 2022
Carlsbad, CA USA
Since the sound quality of youtube is generally not that great anyway, I generally either go chromecast to my TV or stream through an hdmi port to my HT reciever. for the latter you'll want a remote keyboard and mouse.

For my TV I run a toslink to my DAC and that is my setup for all TV sound.

Jerry

sebrof

Apr 4, 2022
Check out HIFI Rose. I just got their RS130 streamer and it has HDMI out, I send that to my TV (audio via AES to my DAC/system). I am surprised at the audio quality, much better than I expected.
the RS130 is ~$5K but they have other less expensive streamers As well.

Last edited:

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
My current source is a HP laptop, if used with a hifi system, its best to add a USB DAC/Amp as that will be a better match for the input of your hifi amplifier. You don't have to spend a lot, even a good dongle DAC will be listenable.
Two things that will improve the sound:
1. Use battery mode
2. Connect to wifi via hotspot/phone.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing